Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saurian
    Jacky is sick man!

He hasnt been toned down at all - his style is now pure Jeet Kune Do, he's much more mobile and has a new launcher (33+K) - the old command (6+K) has been changed to a very fast straight kick which is wicked for scoring counterhits with. He has much more variety in his punch and kick chains too.

I think it's playas who dont understand Nu Skool Jacky yet who complain he's toned down - nah man, it's the best Jacky yet (in fact you know all that **** before EVO? That wasnt true Jacky, that was just some cheap back-up dancer)
    They`ve made him more stylish, but hes blatantly gone from being undoubtedly one of the best character in VF4 (the VF4 National tournament winner was a Jacky player) to more of a good character for beginners. Still a good character, he just isn`t a character that many experts use.

My mate who is sick at the game is mainly a Jacky player and still mainly uses him, but has started moving onto Goh and Wolf simply because he is finding it hard to compete with the tournament fighters in Aki using him. Basically, the main problem with him, seems to be his lack of throwing power. Its so sad, as I`ve seen my mate cane some players asses in Aki, having to do loads of work to beat his opponent, only to see a Wolf or Jeffrey finish him off within a couple of moves.

I`ve been checking out the Japanese tounrnament rosters for Evo, and there are almost no Jacky players in any of them. When VF4 was kicking it down the arcades, there were soooooo many Jacky players, and there are still a fair few, but they never seem to be the best players in the arcade (I`m still watching Evo for an hour or two a day - simply breathtaking some of the skill some of these players have- I`m not exagerrating when I say some of it BELONGS in a Hong Kong movie).

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
      Jacky is sick man!

He hasnt been toned down at all - his style is now pure Jeet Kune Do, he's much more mobile and has a new launcher (33+K) - the old command (6+K) has been changed to a very fast straight kick which is wicked for scoring counterhits with. He has much more variety in his punch and kick chains too.

I think it's playas who dont understand Nu Skool Jacky yet who complain he's toned down - nah man, it's the best Jacky yet (in fact you know all that **** before EVO? That wasnt true Jacky, that was just some cheap back-up dancer)
      at first I was a bit unsure about 'nu-skool' jacky, but now I think he's better than ever. I'm glad they replaced one of his lightning kick combo's though I wished they'd taken the other one out rather than the db P+K,K,K,K,K one. But the db P+K,P,P,P,d K is great, always connects with at least 2 hits, and the sweep at the end is great for an advantage, I can usually always follow it up with a up+punch attack.

Comment

Never have I wanted to buy a Japanese PS2 and this game so bad as right now reading this.

The only thing I've heard alot of complaints about the save system, no more travelling with custom characters, like with VF4. Lately I've taken to emailing videogame news sites and whatnot to raise awareness of this so they could bug Sega about it at e3.

Still in whatever form we get it, I really want this game in the states. At least you Brits have a release date.

Comment

Had a excellent practise session last night with my mate, I can tell you I learned more in this one session than a weeks worth of playing against the AI, just dosn't compare. Finally pulled off Akira's dragon lance on a stick 4 times in a row!!

Comment

Saur you ready for them challenges on saturday rudboy?

Comment

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game is the true epiphany!

I spent a few hours last night practicing my Pai moves and getting them infused into my brain, and managed to win all the cups in the SEGA dome. I really felt I had improved looads just from my session last night.

Went down to Akihabara and spent all day in the arcades and now I`m finding that I`m winning about 30-40% of my games (which is so wicked considering that most of the players down there are expert types). I even managed to put together an 8 game winning streak 8)

Anyway- enough from me..... got to get writing on Evo....

Comment

Originally posted by optimusomega
                Saur you ready for them challenges on saturday rudboy?
                That would be heavy man - I've got heads coming down for Calibur and 3rd Strike on Saturday, we gotta challenge on Evo man!
                We might go play some Initial D aswell ^^

I cannot Dragon Lance on that VF4 Evo stick at all man - the final hit NEVER comes out so I cancel into dodge instead >_< - On my DC (VF3) stick I never miss (or PS2 pad shockingly) but that EVO stick just wont have it! Dunno what it is, I have adjusted it but it's still not listening to me!!11 >_<

Comment

I cannot Dragon Lance on that VF4 Evo stick at all man - the final hit NEVER comes out so I cancel into dodge instead >_< - On my DC (VF3) stick I never miss (or PS2 pad shockingly) but that EVO stick just wont have it! Dunno what it is, I have adjusted it but it's still not listening to me!!11 >_<
                  **** man I would have thought it would be pretty decent considering it's an official sega one?

That would be heavy man - I've got heads coming down for Calibur and 3rd Strike on Saturday, we gotta challenge on Evo man!
                  We might go play some Initial D aswell ^^
                  excellent!

Comment

It's the forward forward motion thats awkward on that stick - even tho the stick has little travel the switches dont release contact quick enough. So a quick back forward foward - comes out as back hold forward (even tho you are doing the motion correctly)

Come down whenever on Saturday man - you got my number?

Comment

Just to say, this is possibly the best thread (barring possibly Psyvariar on the old forums) we've ever had for getting people into a game due to you lot's obvious skill at, and passion for, the game.

The sheer number of people who wouldn't have looked twice at this but are now gagging for it (myself included, but then I'm always gagging for it ) is phenomenal.

Cheers yet again for all the enthusiasm and explanations for us players not ususally attuned to 3D bmups.

Comment

Treb

Nice to see you`re gaging for the game.

I simply can`t stop playing it now, and have started playing this a hell of a lot more than SC2 because-

a) I am addicted to the Evo challenges

b) I`ve rinsed SC enough

My Pai is not bad I have to say. Can`t wait to give Saur`s Goh a roasting

Comment

Tokuda great Evo review.

Comment

Cheers mate

But seriously, this game is baaaad for my finances. Its sucked me into a money spending vortex, as I`m down the arcade most days for sick Evo. challenges.

JibberX was with me today and was blown away by the challenges- I need my adrenaline rush of deep competition every day now

Comment

Can someone please tell me this game's ****.

Everyone is raving over yet I am unable to play it and it gets me depressed thinking I'm missing out

Comment

God- this game is an overrated pile of ****- for goodness sake- its only a fighter

Comment

Working...
                                X