No announcement yet.

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - The generations best 3d fighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The illest thing about Akira now is that his K+G is just as good in juggles as "THAT" knee.

You can connect K+G with Akira even when opponents hit the floor - sending them back up a piece. You can then connect 2K+G 6K 46P
    "THAT" knee looks seriously good in VF4 Evo tho, like they changed it to make it so good you HAVE TO get it....just ONCE!!11!!

OMG C' man! you HAVE TO see the one handed VF4 Evo videos!
    If I could perform SPOD with one hand I'd HAVE TO take the piss!
    (Imagines himself taking names off the machine eating chicken and chatting on phone...)

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
      I was training up for hours last night ^^

Had LOADS of work to do but....

Learning nuff Nu-Skool Akira, can get Stun Palm Of Doom 100% of the time on player 1 side and about 80% on player 2 side. FINALLY able to Dragon Lance on my VF4 Evo stick 100% of the time on both sides BABY!

Combo I made up: PK cancel 42 P+K 44+K PK cancel, into 2 hits of the Dragon Lance, K+G P 2 K+G 4 K 46 P

Optimus blud - you up for some on Friday? And you Trojan - you need a good kicking!
      (any of you other pink fluffy fromage frais eating wimps are welcome too! )
      Gonna have to make it saturday saur I'm under pressure with uni work and as a result aint got that much practise in this week ,
      I'll bring round that green book evo dvd and a disc full of high level evo jap evo players(plus goh)

Oh yeah do you know of any sticks that use sanwa components apparently there the best for vf, theres a guy who makes them on virtua fighter.com and they look ****ing mad(better than t he hori sticks)

Comment

[quote="Saurian"]The illest thing about Akira now is that his K+G is just as good in juggles as "THAT" knee.
        quote]
        Yeah from what I've seen not even high level players bother with the old knee now, just too damn risky to pull of consistently I say

Comment

Just got my copy of Evo today - don't know who to start training up as; maybe Kage (as I quite liked him in VF4) or one of the new boys.

I'm fully intending to get to a reasonable standard with this game...

Comment

Originally posted by charlie angel
            Just got my copy of Evo today - don't know who to start training up as; maybe Kage (as I quite liked him in VF4) or one of the new boys.

In my opinion Kage is not an ideal character to start out with, as there is just too much to learn with him, and trying to remeber all these tactics and moves(TFT combos) in a match leads to 'brain freeze' I reckon brad burns or sarah would be an ideal starter

Comment

Originally posted by optimusomega

In my opinion Kage is not an ideal character to start out with, as there is just too much to learn with him, and trying to remeber all these tactics and moves(TFT combos) in a match leads to 'brain freeze' I reckon brad burns or sarah would be an ideal starter
              Interesting...

What does TFT stand for?

Comment

Interesting...

What does TFT stand for?
                The 'ten foot toss' back and throw where he launches you in the air, the resulting combos can cause heavy damage and on many occassions an easy ring out!

Comment

The 'ten foot toss' back and throw where he launches you in the air, the resulting combos can cause heavy damage and on many occassions an easy ring out!
                  That's my favourite move in the whole game! (didn't know it was called that though)

Comment

TFT = Ten Foot Toss/Throw. It's performed by pressing 4P+G.

Comment

The hardest move in VF is blatantly Akira's Knee - look at the command and you'll laugh at how easy it looks....then you try it....
                      Man you're so right. DO NOT even try this on a joypad. You will go to bed crying like a girl. On a stick its a tad easier but still brick hard.

Comment

I was training up for hours last night ^^

Had LOADS of work to do but....

Learning nuff Nu-Skool Akira, can get Stun Palm Of Doom 100% of the time on player 1 side and about 80% on player 2 side. FINALLY able to Dragon Lance on my VF4 Evo stick 100% of the time on both sides BABY!

Combo I made up: PK cancel 42 P+K 44+K PK cancel, into 2 hits of the Dragon Lance, K+G P 2 K+G 4 K 46 P

Optimus blud - you up for some on Friday? And you Trojan - you need a good kicking!
                        (any of you other pink fluffy fromage frais eating wimps are welcome too! )
                        Gonna have to make it saturday saur I'm under pressure with uni work and as a result aint got that much practise in this week ,
                        I'll bring round that green book evo dvd and a disc full of high level evo jap evo players(plus goh)

Oh yeah do you know of any sticks that use sanwa components apparently there the best for vf, theres a guy who makes them on virtua fighter.com and they look ****ing mad(better than t he hori sticks)
                        You have to order the Sanwa parts from their Japanese site and build a stick yourself. Ultimarc (a UK site) sell J-sticks and concave pushbuttons that are pretty much the same mind you.

I'm going to buy a Sega Net/Blast/Astro-City cabinet one of these days if it bankrupts me. Use an X-arcade PCB and connectors to make it DC/GC/PS2/MAME compatable and just live in arcade heaven.

Catch22 makes some stunning VF4: Evo sticks. I love the artwork he does too. His site is offline this week otherwise I'd link you guys to it so you could have a look.

Comment

Ok Saur, the Akira that I've been training you up on and you've been practising/self-training hardcore, BRING IT this friday night because I'm going to challenge you with my NEW LAU!
                          Yes, my Lau is now on Super Saiyan 2 level, so prepare yourself.

Beside, I want to visit you before I leave for L.A.

Comment

Yeah man safe, I'll be in -

Comment

Dam people,

you guys got me proper drooling over a ps2 now vf4 evo , psyivar and intial d.

i must have.

A question should i get a ps2 from japan or should i employ the skillz of mr saurian and get a messiah 2?

Tokuda, can you price up a new ps2 (not ltd edit and the new fangled one doesnt bother me) vf 4 evo and a decent stick?

looks like my social life is gonna go down the drain..... again......

Comment

Get a chipped one- That way you can play US and PAL games on it too, and it will only cost you a little more than a standard jap one. Personally I am waiting for the US version of VF4e. The training mode on VF4 was excellent and explained the intricacies of the game very well. And it needs to be in English, so i know wtf is going on

Comment

Working...
                                X