No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only the shadows are ray-traced for the update. That's absolutely not worth playing in 30FPS for.

Comment

What a waste of time for console owners.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        What a waste of time for console virgins.
        It'll probably still look and perform great. I believe everything has been rebalanced, including the economy, so now is the time to give it another try with a fresh save file I suppose.

Expecting RTX embellishments out of AMD console hardware was and always will be far too ambitious. Running Psycho settings with a 3080 and DLSS turned off you get 15-20FPS at 1440P.

Comment

Thanks to smart delivery, on Xbox its a nice 55gb patch. On ps5 you have to download the whole 100gb game again. And then remove the PS4 version.
          Come on Sony, get your **** together.

Comment

Hang on a minute - are you saying it looks better on PC Dave? You've never mentioned that before.

Comment

43 GB patch on PC, I'm downloading at the mo, says 10 minutes to complete
              Edit and done. I highly recommend Gbit internet

Comment

Reads patch notes and “improvements”.

That’s literally what it should of been on its launch.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  Hang on a minute - are you saying it looks better on PC Dave? You've never mentioned that before.

Just continually trying to rein in expectations. If a 3080 can only hit 20FPS with DLSS turned off it doesn't leave much hope for AMD-powered tech.

What I didn't like the most about that stream was the constant mention of "quality of life". In my opinion a good RPG should be completely void of quality of life. Things like power leveling and fast travel. It kills all immersion and intent. It's truly oil and water. Imagine trying to table-top RPG LotR but your drunk mate is insistent on being Sauron with a minigun and hand-held teleportation device and ten One Rings on each finger. One of the best times I've had on Skyrim was with the Requiem roleplay overhaul; having to chop wood for Hod for an in-game week straight so that I could afford archery lessons from Faendal enabling me to finally kill the wolves that surround the place. Fast-forward a couple of weeks in real-time and I'm a level 18 outdoorsman selling cured animal skins to pay my board at The Bannered Mare in Whiterun when I'm not on a tour somewhere sleeping in my tent trying my damndest not to freeze to death.

The best way to play this game is to avoid driving entirely, let alone ditching the fast travel. To give an example I've eavesdropped on gang members talking about the previous hits I'd carried out, and other little touches like that. I've begun to learn the streets of Watson by name, and familiarised myself with the potential hostiles of the district. All that is completely lost when you're darting around the city in a car.

All this QOL stuff needs ditching with mods. Ultimately they should have a built-in roleplay mode that maxes out the immersion.

TL;DR you should have to work for QOL in a roleplaying game. Like with most stuff these days nearly everybody wants that instant/cheap gratification.
                  Last edited by dataDave; 15-02-2022, 20:58.

Comment

Played the first hour or so on the Trial for PS5 and it runs really well. You'll see some slight framerate drops in the expected areas like on street level outside your appartment complex, and driving around sometimes but honestly it's surprisingly smooth. I can get the game running at 60fps on my PC np but will also get unavoidable framerate drops in the same places, so I think they've done a decent job with optimisation in the update to get it running this well on console. 3D audio and dualsense triggers are pretty cool as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                      Just continually trying to rein in expectations. If a 3080 can only hit 20FPS with DLSS turned off it doesn't leave much hope for AMD-powered tech.
                      You max everything you get less than that on an average. This is with an R7 5800 & RTX 3080 Ti.

This is 1080P with everything maxed, RT on Psycho and DLSS off

This is 4K with everything maxed, RT on Psycho and DLSS off

This is 4K with everything maxed, RT on Psycho and DLSS on auto

Even on the low presets (which still look pretty decent I think) don't reach 60 FPS in 4K with DLSS off.

1080P with low presets

Come back to this in a couple of generations and you'll be able to max everything in 4K without DLSS, such is the benefit of PC gaming - going back to old games and having the ability to change how they run.
                      Last edited by MartyG; 16-02-2022, 07:40.

Comment

Anyone know if the amount of people roaming the street has been raised on PS5/Series X? Looking at videos, it doesn't look like the case. Quite barren.

Comment

Sounds good. Of course, being able to play games as they're meant to be played when they're released, rather than in a couple of generations, would be a bigger benefit, but I'm just a console pleb so what do I know?

Comment

You can play it as it's meant to be played - the recommended settings are not the ultra psycho settings, but the game will benefit from better hardware in years to come should you ever want to max out the potential the game has.

As I already said, this game on low settings surpasses most things out there as it is in terms of looks.

Comment

Surely 1440p is the sweet spot with everything maxed and dlss on then?

Comment

That would depend on what card you're running. Dialing back a bit on some of the settings gets you a steady 60 FPS with RT & DLSS at 4K with a highend card.

On a GTX 1080 I was getting around 50 FPS on high at 1080P with no option of using DLSS. FSR would probably have been an option on that card but wasn't available at launch. I haven't tried FSR so I don't know what FPS improvement that can bring. Given they've go the consoles running close to 60 FPS then it probably helps somewhat.

Comment

Working...
                                X