No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been playing this more and I'm... Enjoying it...
    There is still a lot of work to do if it wants to be a stand out title. But if it launched in this condition its not the worst now.

The NPC ai is still terrible though.

Comment

Played two hours of the trial on PS5 today. Visually it looked great in performance mode but raytracing made it unplayable.

Very impressed at how well made it is in terms of characters seamlessly blending in and out of AI and scripted animations. The whole experience felt extremely rich and confident and seamless.

I noticed a couple of animation pops in NPCs and some odd stuttering sunlight updates when I was sat eating noodles with Jackie under a canopy but otherwise, bug free and looked excellent.

Have to say I got bored of it though. All the early main missions are just walking between waypoints and watching first person scripted animations while people speak unlikeable dialogue at you. The one bit of combat I did was nice and tough and I could see how the options open up with hacking etc. The world felt unpleasant to be in due to the genre. In 2022 I want to escape into games to get away from all the awfulness of corporations, government and ads but cyberpunk is all about that. And of course that world makes all the characters unlikeable as they all talk in either weird one liners or derisiveness or arrogance. I thought the writing was good in that it had a tone and a style and they stuck to it but just can't stomach the genre tone and themes because the modern world just sucks so much at the moment.

Putting this trial put must be helping them sell loads of copies as it plays well and looks great.

Comment

For anyone undecided about the gameplay try to level-up a bit and unlock some of the skills. Triple-wall jumping about with a ragdoll+ inducing shotgun never gets boring. That's before you get into fighting terrifying enemies that can rapidly phase-shift towards you with cutting weapons while dodging bullets like Agent Smith.

This is an ARPG. It's not going to give you all the fun tools right out of the gate. You have to build/spec into them.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          For anyone undecided about the gameplay try to level-up a bit and unlock some of the skills. Triple-wall jumping about with a ragdoll+ inducing shotgun never gets boring. That's before you get into fighting terrifying enemies that can rapidly phase-shift towards you with cutting weapons while dodging bullets like Agent Smith.

This is an ARPG. It's not going to give you all the fun tools right out of the gate. You have to build/spec into them.
          Can you post a pic of your controller settings, Dave? I went back to this and it handling like a car on ice.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
            Can you post a pic of your controller settings, Dave? I went back to this and it handling like a car on ice.
            Disable the horizontal and vertical turning bonuses in the advanced control options, maybe. I only use the controller for driving.

Comment

"Cyberpunk 2077" Exec Talks Sales, Expansion - Dark Horizons
              VP and CFO of CD Projeckt says they're now happy with the state of the game and its sales of 18 million and are moving on to its expansions

Comment

Does the traffic still turn into 2x2 sprites when your at a distance?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  Does the traffic still turn into 2x2 sprites when your at a distance?
                  Yep. It sure does. And the Xbox version still has the bug where audio dailog will not play later in the game. It's no where near as bad as it was but it still happens.
                  I also noticed the buggers have put bared wire in all the areas I used to love jumping over to reach out of bounds areas . Still managed to find some though but not as interesting as in the original game.
                  Last edited by Yakumo; 14-04-2022, 23:02.

Comment

Expansions are coming 2023.
                    The update for next gen has definitely made this playable. I'm close to finishing it now and I've enjoyed it.
                    I think there is still a lot more they need to do in regards to world building and Ai.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                      Yep. It sure does. And the Xbox version still has the bug where audio dailog will not play later in the game. It's no where near as bad as it was but it still happens.
                      I also noticed the buggers have put bared wire in all the areas I used to love jumping over to reach out of bounds areas . Still managed to find some though but not as interesting as in the original game.
                      Great, good job devs, job done then year?

Comment

I just reinstalled this last night on the Series X (after deciding around launch to wait for the next gen update) and the file size is smaller than what it was before

Nothing was installed from the disc(s). I put disc 1 in and it basically downloaded a 62.7gb 'update' and that's it. It's sat there as the full X/S game. Is that right? Can any Series X users confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          I just reinstalled this last night on the Series X (after deciding around launch to wait for the next gen update) and the file size is smaller than what it was before

Nothing was installed from the disc(s). I put disc 1 in and it basically downloaded a 62.7gb 'update' and that's it. It's sat there as the full X/S game. Is that right? Can any Series X users confirm?
                          It had a next gen update early this year and the file size has indeed reduced thanks to all the next gen-ness. I actually really enjoyed it too.

Comment

If you have access to it in PS5 the haptics are fantastic.

Comment

Was a good game

Comment

NEW DLC coming soon.
                                And an update out today.

Update includes a complete overhaul of the police system and vehicle to vehicle combat

Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 06-09-2022, 16:18.

Comment

Working...
                                X