No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t think FSR is working on consoles yet is it?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      Anyone know if the amount of people roaming the street has been raised on PS5/Series X? Looking at videos, it doesn't look like the case. Quite barren.
      Series X was never an issue. The lack of people was tied only to PlayStation hardware for some reason. If series X is now looking more barren, that's a right kick in the balls.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        Surely 1440p is the sweet spot with everything maxed and dlss on then?
        This is how I run, with the Performance DLSS preset. Although I do knock back a couple of non-RTX graphics options as I can't tell the difference once RTX has jizz-glazed everything. I've yet to run the new benchmark tool but I'm seeing between 70-90 FPS. I can't turn off the Global Illumination now (which only falls under the Psycho ray-tracing preset), it's just too good once you've played with it for longer than 10 seconds.

Downstairs on the 4K Samsung I have to depend on v-sync and Ultra Performance DLSS for a locked 60, retaining Psycho. On 4K and sitting 4 meters from my screen Ultra Performance still looks great.

This is not optimised. Far from it. Like Marty says, Psycho/Ultra is not supposed to be optimised for current tech. Games like these force Nvidia to push the boundaries with their 40XX/50XX series.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          Series X was never an issue. The lack of people was tied only to PlayStation hardware for some reason. If series X is now looking more barren, that's a right kick in the balls.
          From the quick clips I've seen it looks like they've been raised somewhat across the board, other than on the PS4 of course.

Comment

I read somewhere the lacking a crowd issues on ps5 was tied to a patch for ps4, and the code didn’t separate for the 2 so it just stuck, but I can’t find that info anywhere now. I know i was playing the ps5 version one day and it was fine, then that patch hit and the crowds all but disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              From the quick clips I've seen it looks like they've been raised somewhat across the board, other than on the PS4 of course.
              I've just managed to get 40 minutes in and yeah, it's looking good. The raytrace mode looks just the same as the 60fps mode to me. Raytrace mode is still full of screen base reflections so I don't see the point.
              Has the base 60fps mode been given a face lift over the initial release? Looks really nice but I can't remember the original look to the game its been that long.

Comment

Still full of bugs - I had three in a 1.30hr session, starting from the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  Has the base 60fps mode been given a face lift over the initial release? Looks really nice but I can't remember the original look to the game its been that long.
                  From briefly looking over the community Reddit all kinds of little tweaks have been either cleaned up or added afresh. Things like being able to see your hair in the shadows, people using umbrellas in the rain, and the bathroom mirror reflection model quality matching those of the main story NPCs.

They've seemingly skimmed the Nexus for all of the quirky little mods and integrated them.

Comment

The police have been overhauled drastically. If any NPCs or gangs do anything naughty it can result in a firefight and/or a car chase.

Comment

Played the trial on PS5 last night. Found it pretty dull and boring to be honest.

Looked average graphically and it seemed to be "edgy" in the way there was loads of swearing. Oooooh, how grown up!

Comment

I put this in first play, but I'll put it here too since this is where the discussion is...

Ok, so I downloaded the PS5 version last night and Ive played it for most of today. I thought I share my opinion on the update.

The Good:

at 60fps performance mode the game runs very smooth now. The visual resolution is improved and the density of people has increased so the place looks more alive (even if it is just a thin veneer).
                        Cars drive better and things generally feel tighter and more stable. I haven't suffered a major crash, nor seen a comical graphical glitch at all so far!

The Bad:

The LoD doesn't seem to have improved all that much. Things still look solid, but zooming in you still get blurry textures. Overall its like a mesh of last gen and next gen that is difficult to blend.
                        Distant objects look very last gen, with very low poly cars on roads that then vanish and no people in sight. Its more obvious out of the city were the mountains and land just look like a single solid object.

The Ugly:

The RT mode increases the depth of shadows and colours, however the framerate is all over the place. Its almost unplayable.

Comment

They didn’t even fix the cars that go down to 5 polygons at distance then disappear?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            They didn’t even fix the cars that go down to 5 polygons at distance then disappear?
                            No, that's the same. It's like a combination of ps3, PS4 & ps5 elements all blended together. On the surface its nice looking, but look a little harder and it falls apart.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              From briefly looking over the community Reddit all kinds of little tweaks have been either cleaned up or added afresh. Things like being able to see your hair in the shadows, people using umbrellas in the rain, and the bathroom mirror reflection model quality matching those of the main story NPCs.

They've seemingly skimmed the Nexus for all of the quirky little mods and integrated them.
                              Nice. Thought it was looking better. Normally I play games in quality mode over performance mode but in this games case I think quality mode offers little extra over the already beautiful looking performance mode.

Comment

CDPR are exploring the possibility of bringing a 60fps mode to Series S. At the moment it only has one mode 1440p30 with Ray Tracing... So depending on how costly the RT is hopefully they can switch in a 1080p60 without it (obviously it isn't that simple but... ).

Comment

Working...
                                X