This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    Does Orta work properly on BC now? Last time I researched whether it did I read it crashed after a couple of levels or something.
    Works fine on JTAG.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
      Coop on Skylanders Superchargers. Really enjoyed the previous 2 Skylanders games but I've had a gutsful of this one, as has my 8 yr old son to whom it belongs.

Edit: We finished it. Worse than Trap Team and Swap Force, in our view.
      What didn't you like? I think the original and Giants are the best. SwapForce has the most content, TrapTeam the most toys.

Comment

Played a bit of GTA V last night.
        I did the yoga mission and have no intention to go back again.
        It's funny how much they've crammed into it but things you'll only do once.
        When I did the golf game I looked at the friends high-score table and all-but-one only played it once.

After that, I had a brilliant mission where you had to extract a witness from a skyscraper. You use one character to fly the chopper, one character abseils from it and the third provides sniper support from the next building. It was really exciting and brilliantly paced.

I found it interesting that, although in that mission I must have shot and killed a dozen or people without worrying, the subsequent mission saw me torturing the witness with pliers to the teeth, wrench to the legs, waterboarding and electrocution, I was uncomfortable that I was unable to skip this section and it even rewarded me by using all of the torture methods available.

I know it's not what GTA is about, but it'd be nice to be able to resolve a mission without shooting everybody, sometimes. In one mission, I played dead to get into a morgue and check a body. The only way to complete the mission was to shoot every single person who I came across. No option for stealth or holding somebody hostage, maybe.

Comment

Just playing street fighter 5

Comment

I'm still completely absorbed with Dragons Dogma and Rainbow Six Siege! If anyone wants to hire my super awesome pawn, feel free!

Comment

Mainly been playing Gran Turismo 6. Not sure how I feel about the game (@ 65% complete) . feels there rubber banding in there, driving on the moon while unique was not fun and that stupid red bull x1 car is in it. Driving experience is fun (except go karts) and tracks are pretty good. The series definatley dipped since gt4.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                What didn't you like? I think the original and Giants are the best. SwapForce has the most content, TrapTeam the most toys.
                No one thing in particular, it just felt a bit faded and over-familiar as a whole package. The vehicle bits in-level were not thrilling either and didn't really lift the game, as many of them were isometric or 2D which meant you may as well have been controlling a regular character. The racing side-game is quite good, but not as good as Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed which segued between these three vehicle types on the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                  No one thing in particular, it just felt a bit faded and over-familiar as a whole package. The vehicle bits in-level were not thrilling either and didn't really lift the game, as many of them were isometric or 2D which meant you may as well have been controlling a regular character. The racing side-game is quite good, but not as good as Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed which segued between these three vehicle types on the fly.
                  The Wii "Racing" version is pretty decent.

Comment

Finished, as far as I intend, XB360 Fable II.

Good enough game and looked very attractive at times but I didn't really get into it as much as Fable: The Lost Chapters on the old Xbox. Maxed out my stats and abilities long before the end finding myself deliberately using weaker weapons and magic just to make things more interesting.

Also the slowdown in fights when large numbers of enemies were all giving up Will, Skill and Strength 'orbs' began to annoy me more and more as the game progressed.

Comment

Destiny on XboxOne, Iron Banner got done (not sure why I bothered tbh got naff all worthwhile). Also fired up the PS4 version a few times for a mission or two, feels a lot more polished and slicker? Not a fan of the PS4 pad for this mind..

EDF 4.1 with a selection of BordersDown folk, has been great fun. Great to catch up with you all!

3DS: I've started SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson, which is ridiculous! Actually enjoying this, and it's a refreshing change to not only be playing Pokemon on the system!

Splashed out on Darius Burst Chronicle Saviour for PS4 & Vita, but need to invest some time and experience a bit more of it, as I've hardly scratched the surface. I have enjoyed the short time I've played, but not feeling hooked yet?

Comment

Saints Row: Re-Elected (cheap as on xbox one) and after completing The Witcher 2, I rolled straight into The Witcher 3.

Comment

Finally beat all the Nightwing challenges in Arkham City!

Hardest recent gaming challenge by a landslide.

Comment

Doom 3: BFG Edition on the nvidia shield tablet.

Really quite marvelous at 1080p/60(ultra settings quality apparently) for the most part, and as i never fully finished it on pc in all these years, now seemed a perfect time. Really enoyed it despite some weak design choices that are, due to the limitations of pc tech in 2004, more than forgivable.

Playing on the loo i had one of those "wow am i really playing something of this quality on a portable" moments i last had with ridge racers in 2004...ironically.
                            Last edited by PaTaito; 01-03-2016, 00:40.

Comment

Soloing a lot of EDF4.1 today as I was wanting to try out the Wing Diver. Tactically did the first mission on Hard to get some decents weapons and now playing through on Normal.

Looking forward to spending tomorrow night on Broforce.

Comment

Still trundling on in Rome2. The resource management and happiness of your towns seems rediciously broken and half arsed, so simplistic in its implementation I wonder why the dev bothered, towns can go from fed and semi happy to fed and stupidly unhappy in the space of a few turns, leaving you dozens of turns to sort it out.

Getting into the battles more, I like the slow nature of them and the grand nature of the armies. The ai seems to respond accordingly, sending the correct counter against your forces if it can, getting flanked itself if it doesn't see your forces etc. It's able to turn things around if your stupid so keeps you on your toes.

Looking forward to getting further into it to see some even bigger battles now, and taking over more of the map.

Comment

Working...
                                X