Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirt Rally. Amazing. Doing some online too.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Dirt Rally. Amazing. Doing some online too.
      I want to play that game so badly. Really hope that Codemasters make a Xbox One port!

Comment

So do I. I'd like to play it on the sofa. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. I'll post up some more videos in the thread.

Comment

Revisiting Dark Souls after a HUGE sabbatical. I'm a little bit further than I was before.

Comment

Beat Resident Evil 5 Untold Stories.

Really enjoyed it. Definitely the only genuine attempt by Capcom at combining old and new styles and it does seem to work - I loved the parts where the camera would roll into first person when opening doors.

Quite sad looking at Resi 6 after seeing how well this little R&D mansion worked.

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            So do I. I'd like to play it on the sofa. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. I'll post up some more videos in the thread.
            Runs ok on the GTX960 I assume? Seen some vids on here and it does look incredible. Return to form.

Comment

Wolfenstein the new order - which I genuinely loved. Now playing the old blood, which is nowhere near as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                Runs ok on the GTX960 I assume? Seen some vids on here and it does look incredible. Return to form.
                It runs around 50-70 on ultra mode, so I run it on high mode to keep the framerate above 60 at all times. All the recent vids I've posted in the thread were recorded by me with shadowplay. I can't tell the difference between ultra and high

Comment

Time for assassins creed!
                  Last edited by djtickle; 02-11-2015, 22:37.

Comment

Working through my PS4 backlog, just finished Infamous Second Son and am about 5 hours into Tales of Zestria

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post

Dark Souls
                      MGSVTPP

I cannot see myself playing anything else for months....both of these are too addictive
                      see above!

Comment

Just getting into XB360 Mass Effect 3.

I thought this game series was supposed to get even better but having played Mass Effect 2 for the first time not so long ago too what I feel is that whilst each one keeps the same great core gameplay etc there's been no improvements to the things that need improving.

The secondary gameplay elements, like the resource gathering, have deteriorated with each game. I'd also say that the graphics, something I don't really mind about too much, are inferior in ME3 yet they've introduced a whole slew utterly unnecessary graphic effects in both the game and cut scenes. It is depressingly monotone and dark. I played Dead Space not long ago and in even comparison to that The Normandy must now be one of the most unnecessarily under-lit spacecraft ever depicted.

I particularly hate the slight vignetting ie. the corners of the screen deliberately darkened for who knows what reason. Aesthetic effect? It's actually a very old photographic technique often used in b/w printing to concentrate the viewer on the centre of interest. It goes in and out of fashion and often comes back in exaggerated form or because the photographer used the wrong length lens hood.

However In a game this is the first time I've seen it used quite so obviously. Initially I even thought my monitor was playing up. I loaded ME2 again to check: no problem and when I went looking for video settings options in the ME3 PDF manual I immediately noticed the screen shots used clearly showed the same vignetting.

To me ME3 has the feel of game that has been slightly rushed. What new things they've introduced are superficial particularly to the GUI. Often it feels simply willfully different and in certain ways not as good as the things that have been changed.

Comment

Having never played any Mass Effect games, would you recommend 2 over 3?

Comment

The Walking Dead season 2 (PS+ 'freebie'). Glad I never paid for any of these as it's total ****, do not understand the regard in which it's held. Wooden acting and animation, hokey plot. I couldn't care less for any of the characters so I'm going for a maximum carnage/heartless run-through, just finished chapter 4 and left that hapless nerdy girl in the glasses to get ripped to shreds by zombies.

Comment

I enjoyed Season 1 but the response to Season 2 does seem pretty weak so I've struggled to get around to it.

Spiderman Edge of Time
                              Started but won't likely carry on, it's pretty bad

Comment

I'm playing Tearaway on the Vita. I'm not sure I like it...

Comment

Working...
                                X