X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What!? Surely you jest?

Comment

No. It looks and sounds lovely but it reminds me a little of old PS1 3D platformers. So far it tells me what to do and then the game is me doing it. I'm just following a set of instructions. I'm only 10% in so maybe that changes.

Comment

That's what games do. I think even the finest platformers require you to do what they want.

Comment

And yet they don't feel the need to have a dialogue window telling you exactly what to do before each and every part.

Comment

Anyhoo just finished last episode of walking dead 2. Bloody terrible. The pressured/timed choices usually lead to the same result regardless of decision, eg. the

balcony scene at end of 4

, which I failed and repeated with the 3 other options out of bloodymindedness. Same dialogue and outcome every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              And yet they don't feel the need to have a dialogue window telling you exactly what to do before each and every part.
              I think it's a game for young children, though.

Comment

Oh is it? I didn't know that. Okay, that makes more sense. Although the game mechanics seem clear enough that, once you get them or even a child gets them, it could let your own momentum drive things.

Ever play a game with someone watching who constantly tells you what to do even though you're doing it? It's like that for me. But yes, being a game for young children, it makes more sense.

Comment

I don't know, mind, DoggThang. I think it is, got a copy of ps4 version for my son's xmas. Or it could just be media molecule condescension, like the LBP games. But you're right, now I think about it, those early 3D playforming classics on ps1 like Spyro and Ape Escape had no hand holding whatsoever.

Comment

Started Assassassassassssinsasassins Creed Black Flag.

Played for a few hours and really don't know if I can be bothered with it.

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
                      Started Assassassassassssinsasassins Creed Black Flag.

Played for a few hours and really don't know if I can be bothered with it.
                      Do you like collecting lots of things in a piratical setting? If yes, this is your game!

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                        I don't know, mind, DoggThang. I think it is, got a copy of ps4 version for my son's xmas. Or it could just be media molecule condescension, like the LBP games. But you're right, now I think about it, those early 3D playforming classics on ps1 like Spyro and Ape Escape had no hand holding whatsoever.
                        I didn't realise it was made by the LBP people. I should have, it has a similar vibe. Visually way more gorgeous though. It certainly is a pretty game and good use of the available Vita controls. Is the PS4 version a port of the Vita one or a whole new game?

Comment

PS4 version is a port of Vita version, DoggThang. With some editing out of Vita specific features, and some spiffed up graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Having never played any Mass Effect games, would you recommend 2 over 3?
                            I'd go with what was intended and play them in the right order. If you play ME2 before ME1 and ME3 before ME2 you'll find half the references in the cut scenes and the dialogue trees refer to incidents and alien races from the previous game(s) and will barely make any sense. It is difficult enough to keep a handle on all the threads of the story, past relationships and so on anyway. That might be because I've imported my original Commander Shepard from each previous game. But being able to stay with your original character over three games is itself is one of the great things about the ME series and another reason to play them in order too.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Having never played any Mass Effect games, would you recommend 2 over 3?
                              I haven't played 3 yet due to RROD, I really love both 1 & 2 but for me I think 1 is better than 2. 1 had more RPG elements that were scaled back in 2 (in a very similar manner as DA1 to DA2).

When they get around to adding ME3 to the backward compatibility list on the Xbone - I'll definitely be picking up an Xbone and ME3.

Comment

Dammit, you lot!

I was hoping for a "if you can only play one game in the series, play this one!

Comment

Working...
                                X