X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    BF4 and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.
    How's BF4 playing nowadays Kryss? Haven't fired it up in months.

Comment

Really stable, still have to use the Battlelog app to find matches though, and I keep getting an error when I try and join friends' games.
      Otherwise, I've really been enjoying it.

Comment

Really stable, still have to use the Battlelog app to find matches though, and I keep getting an error when I try and join friends' games.
        Cool I might have a wee look this evening if I can drag myself away from Wei Shen

Comment

I tried Ether One as I do enjoy a good walking sim but it left me cold waiting on this weeks new releases instead now.

Comment

Played a good chunk of Zombi on the PS4...stayed alive quite a long time before dying twice in quick succession. Decent fun though.

Also played EPs 2,3 and 4 of Tales from the Borderlands. Really enjoying that too. First game to make me laugh in a while

Comment

Sonic Generations which I'd easily class as the best Sonic game of the last 15 years.

Comment

XB360 Dishonored: started off a bit iffy, I just didn't 'get' the stealth tactics required with the random-ish AI on patrol who'd suddenly turn 180 degrees on a whim or spend a long time examining a pile of rubble or blank wall one time ie. the window of opportunity necessary for a stealth game to work. But then the next time they'd walk into the same room and immediately look at the place you were hiding, raise the alarm and force you into combat. I couldn't get through some of that first level except by running away and I ended up killing almost everyone.

With the mediocre sword combat and its completely uncertain hit distances I thought this was another case of reviewers over-hyping a decently presented but flawed game.

Then it suddenly clicked; the combat mechanics ARE just mediocre but with the edge some of the Rune abilities give and if you at least play for avoidance but, better, use stealth almost exclusively, accepting the AIs' randomness as an attempt to approximate real life behaviour, it all begins to work very well. Since that first level I've disciplined myself to use entirely non-lethal methods on all but two particular individuals. They both deserved it.

Add to that the rather good story and genuinely well thought out level design which, even within their relatively compact scale, often offer multi-route options for you to explore and exploit. What you have here isn't perfect, there are gameplay inconsistencies and artificial or invisible level boundaries which occasionally annoy. But by any standard this a really top notch stealth game which plays not unlike one of my favourites on the original Xbox: Thief 3: Deadly Shadows.
                Last edited by fallenangle; 27-08-2015, 15:36.

Comment

Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain.

The servers are not up yet so no online content is available. I guess they have held them back until 1st September. My copy arrived today from Simply Games. Just started and in true Kojima style there is a lot of opening cinematics. Needs to played at night just doesn't feel right with the sunshine blazing in!

Also playing Until Dawn, really enjoying it. This weekend could be late nights of gaming!

Comment

I haven't been back since the week of the last patch which put all that tracer rubbish in it.. but seeing some of the summer patch highlights like the nighttime maps has me hanker to come back.

Comment

A bit of Lego Marvel, Infinity Danger, Trizeal and Deus Ex.

I'm getting to the end of Deus Ex and, although I've enjoyed it, I'm ready to wind it up and finish it.
                      Just had a great section though! Replayed it until I did it right:

Upon returning to China, our jetcopter crash lands into a construction site that's swarming with bad guys.
                      Taking too long resulted in the pilot getting killed as the 'copter explodes.
                      Running to the next section without helping ends up with her getting shot in the head.
                      I had to do something about it, but it took several attempts. Sneaky-sneaky took too long, so I cloaked, raced across the site and stunned the heavy soldiers. As the ED-209 sprang into life, I rolled a shock grenade under it - boom! My batteries ran out, but I knocked out the remaining snipers and soldiers with no fatalities.

Like a boss.

Comment

Witcher 3. Stunning. Early days but already set to be my fave western RPG ever.

Comment

Wrong thread!
                          Last edited by speedlolita; 27-08-2015, 14:34. Reason: I'm dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                            I haven't been back since the week of the last patch which put all that tracer rubbish in it.. but seeing some of the summer patch highlights like the nighttime maps has me hanker to come back.
                            Night Ops releases Sept 15th, and the community map still has no release date. I think it's nice we're still getting stuff, even after nearly 2 years.

Comment

Witcher 3 as far as current gen goes, almost finished now. I just crafted the superior Ursine witcher gear - 4 more levels and I can finally get the Mastercrafted ultimate gear and take on the big bad

A superb game in every way really. My biggest criticism is probably that there are just too many guests and things to do, and a lot of it is kinda filler. Around 60% of the way through I started to get massive fatigue with it but managed to push through and now I'm loving it again.

The best graphics I've personally seen in a console game too. But in the overall WRPG stakes I still prefer TES for some reason - Witcher 3 outclasses Skyrim on virtually every metric by a country mile, but the vibe of TES, the freedom and feeling that I was crafting my own story, it can't touch. It all depends whether that's what you want though. The story and characters are approximately 1 billion times better than Skyrim or Oblivion.

Comment

Rogue Legacy.

This had been on my hard drive for a while thanks to my Japanese PS+ account but I'd never played it. I loaded it up by accident and bloody hell it's good. I can't believe I never played it before. Currently only about level 60, farming for gold to upgrade and slowly making progress.

Can see me playing this for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X