Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back on to The Witcher 3 tonight. Want to cover all the "?" on the map.

Comment

More Witcher 3. Just Witcher 3. I did give Arkham Knight a go last weekend and got SFIV Ultra for PS4 to cover a fighter itch:

Great game but I suck royally and the PS4 controller is just not agreeing with me with executing moves. I was reminded of how frustrating gaming can be. Trying to make a double Hadouken to execute a super move only to get Shoryuken. People say they prefer the PS4 d-pad for fighters because of its precision?! What am I missing?!?!?! It's terrible and hurts my fingers. I interchange between the d-pad and analogue stick but neither are ideal and can't afford a Fight Stick.

Comment

I dislike the Dualshock 4 too. It's the only controller I've used that hurts my hands, furthermore the d-pad is imprecise and very overrated.

This week I've been playing Splatoon, Limbo (PS4) and Child of Light (PS4).

Comment

I guess the PS3 controller is better for this type of gameplay.
          Last edited by danholo; 28-07-2015, 14:19.

Comment

Last week I got Hatoful Boyfriend. I really don't know what I was expecting but it's bloody boring.

Most of my gaming these days is just logging onto FFXIV for a couple hours each morning or night doing some story quests and a duty before logging off.

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
              Last week I got Hatoful Boyfriend.
              Oh blimey, here he is.

Banging on about his boyfriend, again!

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                . People say they prefer the PS4 d-pad for fighters because of its precision?! What am I missing?!?!?! It's terrible and hurts my fingers. I interchange between the d-pad and analogue stick but neither are ideal and can't afford a Fight Stick.
                No, you are not missing anything. Every PlayStation controller D-pad since day one is ass. I hate them. The best D-pad ever made is on the Japanese Saturn pad. When I play my PS2 I need to use either the Hori controller or Modded stick because the PS2 D-pad is horrible. Same with PS3. Use one of those controllers with my Xperia because crappy D-pad is better than touch screen.

Comment

Tempted by Witcher 3, but not too soon after a colleague told me about the 65k gold cap that exceeding resets your cash. He doesn't update as he doesn't have the internet at home (!) so he's proper pissed about all the time he's wasted.

Comment

you'll never need that much money and getting that much would take forever. I've been playing for 300+ hours and don't have or need anywhere near that much money.

Comment

His logic was based on how much things are to buy or upgrade, he would need a lot more at higher levels. So he spent weeks gathering it.

Comment

I've got the house to myself for ten days soon, so I thought I'd be in gaming nirvana, but we've got the decorators in (not a euphemism) so my games room will be out of action.

PS3 is downstairs but my PS+ finished last month (I played about 2 games in 2 years), so I can't play anything from that.

I think I'll play some more Gundam Breaker and Initial D, but I'd like to play something with some meat to it, maybe The Last of Us if I can find it cheap, but I also have the God of War Collection, Prince or Persia and the PoP Collection, Resistance 2 and Just Cause 2.

Ooh, wait, I've got Uncharted to play! I'll probably play that if I don't do my usual thing of looking back and forth between the boxes of Gradius V and R-Type Final for about ten minutes of indecision.

I'll probably get YLoD, knowing my luck!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

I think I'll play some more Gundam Breaker and Initial D, but I'd like to play something with some meat to it, maybe The Last of Us if I can find it cheap, but I also have the God of War Collection, Prince or Persia and the PoP Collection, Resistance 2 and Just Cause 2.
                          I've had the above installed on my pc for years now. I've played it once, great fun, but then batman out and now it just sits in steam all sad. Maybe now is the time to resurrect the Just Cause 2 thread?

Comment

Plants vs Zombies 1 (Nexus Tablet). Good, but far too easy. I'm a few hours in and haven't had to repeat a level yet.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                              His logic was based on how much things are to buy or upgrade, he would need a lot more at higher levels. So he spent weeks gathering it.
                              Makes no sense. Upgrades aren't that expensive and it's more useful to gather items in the wild. The most money I've had at once is a bit over 10,000.

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                              No, you are not missing anything. Every PlayStation controller D-pad since day one is ass. I hate them. The best D-pad ever made is on the Japanese Saturn pad. When I play my PS2 I need to use either the Hori controller or Modded stick because the PS2 D-pad is horrible. Same with PS3. Use one of those controllers with my Xperia because crappy D-pad is better than touch screen.
                              Figures. I might go for this one, as it's the only one available at the moment,

I wonder how good it is though.

I would go for a Saturn pad copy if it were available, unless I can use a PS3 saturn pad on the PS4?!
                              Last edited by danholo; 29-07-2015, 14:16.

Comment

Trying to not get enraged by Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. Go to new area, run into strong enemy, die. Go into area again, run past strong enemy, run into another strong enemy, die. And this is not even 2 hours in. I'm not giving up, but holy hell have I not missed played this.

Comment

Working...
                                X