No announcement yet.

GOTY 2012, What's yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For sure. At the moment you are feeling a bit like a retro game reject.

Comment

I don't know what that means, but it's possibly part of my plan to take over the whole of bordersdown with retro.

Comment

Mean't to be retro gamer reject. ****ty mobile.

Comment

As usual, South Park gave me the answer to what's bothering young noobish.

Comment

Did Dark Souls come out this year? If so, that's got to be mine.

If not, it'll have to be an old game for me because I'm so 'last year' - though I did buy Lollipop Chainsaw last week, though I'm gonna do DMC4 and Bayonetta beforehand. Best (old) games I've played to completion this year (ie. ones I've enjoyed the most):

Gold: Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (360)
            Silver: Gears Of War 2 (360)
            Bronze: Dead Space (360)
            Bauxite: Ninja Gaiden 2 (360)

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
              As usual, South Park gave me the answer to what's bothering young noobish.

A great episode.

Comment

Re: GOTY 2012, What's yours?

Dark Souls was last year, but the Prepare To Die Edition came out not so long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                  Dark Souls was last year, but the Prepare To Die Edition came out not so long ago.
                  But it doesn't count, it's DLC, and I'm pretty sure it pretty much won in 2011 what's the point in even saying it if its going to be put up again its not new.

Comment

Man, i've just realised I don't think i've played a game released in 2012.

Edit: Talking out of my backside, the UK Vita came out this year, right?

Comment

If the COD games didn't have their campaign modes, and were just the zombie maps, they'd be contenders as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Aren't you bored of zombie games? I was when L4D came out, let alone now.

Comment

Any Zombie game is instant an instant fap for many people.

I'm surprised there hasn't been an actual full blown zombie military shooter yet.

Comment

I'm less bored of zombies than I am of not zombies. By which I mean most zombie games are totally different from each other. Look at Dead Rising, L4D, Resident Evil, Nazi Zombies. Their gameplay has almost nothing in common. Whereas if you look at shooting-based games where the enemies are human, they're a lot more numerous and harder to tell apart.

Even when just looking at the COD zombie games which all use the same basic engine and principles, they manage to add so much new stuff each time that they're a completely new experience, and it takes many many hours to find out all their secrets.

It's just a shame (to me) that to enjoy that, you'd have to spend forty-odd quid on a naff COD game to get one zombie map, then 1200 points to get one more, plus a bunch of other crap you don't want. If they released the zombie maps on a disc, I'd buy it without a second's thought, but I'm not going to fund another by-the-numbers experiment in how to make a game with the least amount of gameplay possible before it turns into an actual direct-to-dvd movie.

Comment

Zombies just make for such uninteresting enemies

Comment

Compared to aliens or soldiers/terrorists that you avoid by hiding behind a chest high wall?

Besides. I'm talking about NAZI zombies. They're zombies AND they're fascists!
                                Last edited by noobish hat; 02-12-2012, 03:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X