No announcement yet.

GOTY 2012, What's yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knew I'd forgotten something (Trials Evolution)

Comment

Edge have just named their top 10.
      The latest video game news, reviews and features from the team at Edge Magazine. Subscribe here today.

10. Far Cry 3
      9. Journey
      8. Borderlands 2
      7. The Walking Dead
      6. Guild Wars 2
      5. Super Hexagon
      4. Trials Evolution
      3. X-Com Enemy Unknown
      2. Spelunky
      1. Dishonored

Comment

Haven't played all of them, but I wouldn't baulk at any of those listed.

Comment

Good list really. And not afraid to put some smaller names in there.

Comment

Haven't played a single game from that EDGE list!

Comment

Me either.

Comment

I played Journey. And that's it.

Struggling to think of what I've played that was released this year. Enjoyed Lollipop Chainsaw for the silly fluff that it is and got stuck into Ragnarok Odyssey. The only game that immediately springs to mind is FTL, although that's on PC... for now.

Comment

I've never heard of most of these. Trials evolution is the only one I've played. It's good but bug ridden, the multiplayer supercross just about saves it. I heard Dishonoured was garbage. It really looks like slim pickings in Edge's top ten.
                  Last edited by moonwhistle; 20-12-2012, 17:10.

Comment

Good Edge list and very diverse.

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle View Post
                      I've never heard of most of these. Trials evolution is the only one I've played. It's good but bug ridden, the multiplayer supercross just about saves it. I heard Dishonoured was garbage. It really looks like slim pickings in Edge's top ten.
                      Seriously? Who did you hear Dishonoured was garbage from? Its probably the most critically acclaimed game of the year, its got good feedback on most of the forums and yes its pretty good. Its not the second coming, ultimatley it is really Bioshock crossed with the Thief games but garbage?

Jesus Wept...

Comment

Originally posted by dreamylittledream View Post
                        Seriously? Who did you hear Dishonoured was garbage from? Its probably the most critically acclaimed game of the year, its got good feedback on most of the forums and yes its pretty good. Its not the second coming, ultimatley it is really Bioshock crossed with the Thief games but garbage?

Jesus Wept...
                        "If you liked the atmospheric stealth of Thief... you'll LOVE my slapdash BioShock Stealth mod!"

Comment

Dishonoured was pretty good in some respects but after completing it I have to say it is no way the game of the year. When you break it down there's not actually much to the gameplay beyond watching enemy patterns and stabbing people in the back (unless you choose not to go the stealth route, which is ultimately what most people will do to break up the monotony, but then the game just turns in to an average shooter at best).

It's basically MGS but without the brilliant character driven story, the charm, or the genius little details.
                          Last edited by rmoxon; 20-12-2012, 22:35.

Comment

Have to admit I think this is the worse year ever for video game releases, too many rubbish big name sequels. Thank the maker for XCOM and Binary Domain.

1. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
                            2. Hell Yeah!
                            3. Sine Mora
                            4. La-Mulana
                            5. Binary Domain
                            6. Birds of Steel
                            7. Pandora's Tower
                            8. Yakuza: Dead Souls
                            9. Armored Core V
                            10. Dishonored

If Fez wasn't so buggy it would be in there and Dark Souls is a 2011 game, else I'd have it in there. I'm not including classic game re-releases either.

As for disappointments will 2012 has been bad all round, Street Fighter X Namco and Resident Evil 6 were just bad all round. Darksiders II was a real mess compared to the first game and totally unfinished.

When I finally get around to buying Journey and Borderlands 2, they may well make the GOTY list too.
                            Last edited by S3M; 24-12-2012, 20:48.

Comment

XCOM.

Comment

Far cry 3 single player
                                Borderlands 2 coop
                                Forza horizon

Resi 6 biggest let down

Comment

Working...
                                X