No announcement yet.

PSP or 3DS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Later PSP2000 can't also. Not a huge issue though.

Comment

Best machine for CFW is the Go surely? Software only and switchable back to official firmware with a simple restart.

Comment

You can do that with every PSP.

Comment

Oh ok, you couldn't last time I looked. There are some you can't though. I had a bronze JPN unit that couldn't be CFWd at all.

Comment

I believe that these days, all PSPs are compatible with CFW. Later units require you to actually execute the CFW from the XMB, but I'd say that's preferable anyway as it maintains your official firmware. In any case, it takes a whole two seconds longer.

As for PS1 games, as a rule you can just load the PS1 eboot straight from the XMB and it will load, no fiddling necessary. However, you can also use Popsloader to load a version of the PS1 emulator from an older version of the firmware (for example, games that use CD audio require the emulator from the 3.50 firmware).

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              Ok.

All PSP can now take CFW as far as I am aware. Maybe 3000 and Go cannot take full time CFW, it may need to be loaded each time. PSP 2000 is probably the easiest bet.

Each PS1 game has two built in memory cards and you save just like any normal PS1 game. No save states.

Multiple disc games are usually made as a multi eboot (PSP compatible PS1 file) which you can swap discs on prompt when using the home button.
              Thanks naka!

How much of a difference is there in the screens between a 2000 and a 3000?

Comment

3000 has disgusting interlacing issues. Get a 2000.

Comment

I prefer the 3000. Interlacing is a non-issue and it has a much brighter screen.

Comment

It's a massive issue for me. It's faulty design.

Comment

It does affect some people. I couldn't put up with it and swapped my 3000 for a 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmyboi View Post
                        I prefer the 3000. Interlacing is a non-issue and it has a much brighter screen.
                        Yeah i agree the interlacing is not noticeable for the most part. May be if you look hard on certain games you will find it on character models but it's not a huge deal and the 3000's brighter more colourful screen make it the best bet. It can also take full time CFW. Speedlolita may be it's just your PSP where the interlacing is particularly bad. I know its a fault in general but its worse on some than others and on mine it's hardly noticeable.

Comment

I don't like interlacing on a good day, let alone constantly. E1000 has the best screen.

Comment

I must admit I didn't mind the interlacing too much. Would love to see the E1000 in action.

Comment

Re: PSP or 3DS?

The Go has interlacing too but the small screen disguises it well.

Comment

Really? I have never noticed the interlacing on the Go.

Comment

Working...
                                X