Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kron View Post
    To be honest its a shame people are happy to purchase half finished games
    Like Forza 5? From what I understand that had a criminal lack of content in comparison to previous entries.

They had a bad launch, and that wasn't at all acceptable- but they've redeemed themselves by turning the game around and consistently supporting it with new modes, features and tracks - most of which for free.

In the same length of time, Halo MCC still doesn't even let you save single player progress definitively, or play online consistently. Does your message reach out to them perchance?

You sound more upset that its a game you don't want to play, as opposed to it having any major failings- and that's fine- but don't blame the game at this point for it. I don't like Burnout Paradise, but I don't call it a crap game.
    Last edited by MrKirov; 19-01-2015, 21:24.

Comment

If you buy Forza 5 today there is more than enough content in the game, I've just won my 150th career gold and guess I'm not even halfway through the career mode races, it did get a slating at release though yes you're right.

Can't have been as lacking as Ridge Racer on the Vita mind you....

Comment

If you buy Forza 5 today there is more than enough content in the game, I've just won my 150th career gold and guess I'm not even halfway through the career mode races, it did get a slating at release though yes you're right
        Exaclty makes me laugh to see people having a pop at Forza 5 when it's got more content that any launch racer I can think of and its a funny to see people go on that 's its less that whats gone on before . PGR 3 didn't have the content that PGR2 had, RR V didn't have the content that RR 4 had , that's becuase one is compareing launch games to games made midway or late in a systems life .

Forza 5 is a great launch racer and I have to say Drive Club is one of the best racers I've played in years

Comment

No doubt, I'm just pointing out that the criticism being spouted there could just as easily be pointed at other titles on that persons favourite console too.

I've never played Forza 5 so couldn't really comment to any degree- only that I read that there were significant portions cut out in relation to previous titles. Driveclub is a brilliant game, and is only getting better, so I'm happy

Comment

only that I read that there were significant portions cut out in relation to previous titles.
            That always happens with launch games , Like I said RR V didn't anywhere near the number of cars to that of RR 4, PGR 3 had nothing like the content of PGR2 simply becasue they are launch games not games made 2 to 3 years down the line in a system life .

Forza 5 is not only a great racer , it also feature more content that most racers and I bet most people have let to fully finish the game a year down the line . Just seems people want any excuse to bitch these days

Comment

Indeed- hence why I was calling out on the largely venomous bitching Kron posted about a game he has likely never played and never will

Anyhoo, back on topic- Driveclub!! New tracks are stunning!

Comment

RRV was a completely different game to RRT4. It wasn't trying to be a more. It was effectively bits of all four games in one vary varied package.
                Forza 5 was built on what came before.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                  RRV was a completely different game to RRT4. It wasn't trying to be a more. It was effectively bits of all four games in one vary varied package.
                  Forza 5 was built on what came before.
                  Don't start that cop out . There's no reason why Namco couldn't have included the huge range of cars from RR 4 and features like desgin your own logo - all of which that were cut from RR V. Content from PGR2 was cut in the move to PGR 3 that was more of just the same . Simple fact is Forza V is launch games on a brand new system and one expects it not be busting with content - I'm sure Forza 6 and 7 on the One will have loads more content and then people will just bitch and moan about the endless grinding and how there's too much content and not enough focus on just racing .

And just maybe nakamura you should try spending a week or so with Forza V and see how much real content is there, intead of posting views about a game on system you've yet to own - I know it looks like a dig (and I'm sorry) , but I'm sick of people bitching about films, books, games they've never seen, read or played - Its seems the 'IN' thing to do for most online these days , where its better to knock somthing than to experience it for your self
                  Last edited by Team Andromeda; 20-01-2015, 11:42.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                    Indeed- hence why I was calling out on the largely venomous bitching Kron posted about a game he has likely never played and never will

Anyhoo, back on topic- Driveclub!! New tracks are stunning!
                    How was what I said a venomous bitching? I pointed out a whole raft of things that are missing and have been standard features in racing games since Project Gotham 3.

I've played Driveclub, You haven't played Forza 5.

Comment

I never bitched about Forza 5. Merely made the point regarding Ridge V.

Also Ridge V was also on a new machine with a massive generational leap with boosted resolution and frame rates. It dropped some things but added others and boasts the most varied car handling in the series. But you know, gameplay doesn't matter.

Forza 5 is great. Love the rumble triggers, looks nice and has decent content.
                      But you keep playing that record why don't you. Just like the rose tinted record. You know, the one where I play everything on nostalgia despite now loving games like Super Hang On that I never really played or liked much back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron View Post
                        How was what I said a venomous bitching? I pointed out a whole raft of things that are missing and have been standard features in racing games since Project Gotham 3.

I've played Driveclub, You haven't played Forza 5.
                        You posted a list of things which you think should have been in the game, which were never advertised to be in the first place, then went on to whinge about the developers, which considering the bad launch have really turned it around- which other developers haven't- AC:U and Halo MCC being the main ones at fault. As posted earlier, it came across as a fair bit of trolling/XDF so if it wasn't meant that way I apologise.

I freely admit to not playing Forza 5, which is why I ised my source as criticisms from launch. If you've played DC and didn't like it then that's fine, I however think it's the best racer I've played in a long time so happy days for me

Comment

Will be getting this update rammed right up my PS4's piping when I get home. As someone mentioned earlier, fair play to Evolution for continuously updating this, particularly with this rather epic update.

I've never quite shaken off the soul crushing disappointment of trying to connect to online multiplayer in it, as it was just so incredibly painful. But new single player content is a huge win.

Comment

Also Ridge V was also on a new machine with a massive generational leap with boosted resolution and frame rates
                            That's just a list of excuses sorry . Compared to the 360 the One is a big leap and we're seeing full 1080p with more cars and so on , Im sure like many PS2 games RRV didn't even run at the PS2 full res of 640X480 and unlike many DC games it couldn't even handle AA . It was hardly a generational leap imo and RR 6 was hardly doing much more than running in 1080p on the PS3 either

But you keep playing that record why don't you
                            If one is going to have issues with 'content' that implies one is deep in the game and playing it a lot (different to saying I don't like this game, or its not for me) and would then know how much content is there compared to Forza 3/4 , Yet you don't own the system and so would have trouble putting the hours into the game (needed to see most of the games content), if playing it in a shop or mates house .

I know its looks like a dig (and I don't like it as you're a sound guy) but if I was to have issues with say GTA IV and say content wise its nothing compared to GTA;SA then I would expect to have owned and played a hell of a lot of GTA IV to make such a reaching statement
                            Last edited by Team Andromeda; 20-01-2015, 15:55.

Comment

Fair point TA, I just don't have a problem with the content!

Comment

Apex Expansion Pack is coming next week

Comment

Working...
                                X