No announcement yet.

#DriveClub PS4 (Evolution Studios)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally played this on a demo pod last week and have to say the core gameplay is just brilliant. It's got that grippy in car view feel of Gotham3 that I've always loved.

Shame evolution has been culled like this, I'm sure it had nothing to do with the suits rushing the game out before it was finished then blaming the devs.

Good luck to rushy and his fellow devs, a talented team that I'm sure will find work soon if not already.

Comment

To be fair they didn't really rush the game out, It had numerous open delays and when launched didn't work online for a long period. It's just bad management all round.

Comment

Rushed it out lol. It was a year late. If I turned in something a year late at work I don't think the client would be best pleased.

Do want to play this when I get a PS4, especially as its actually finished now and dirt cheap, but yeah I would hardly say Sony rushed it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron View Post
          To be fair they didn't really rush the game out, It had numerous open delays and when launched didn't work online for a long period. It's just bad management all round.
          I'd have to agree it was supposed to be a launch title, really dont know how this went so wrong a year and a bit late. It seems that they have completely rebuilt the game engine in the past year as word going round form those that had played it at shows was that it was a very dull and janky game.

I think sony thought that if they chucked another year they might have a series to rival forza or pgr.

I'm not sure if its sonys internal management but there studios really do seem to fail to hit the same sort of quality as Microsofts internals, games like Killzone, Drive-club, and Resistance have always felt quite poor compared to the halos, forzas and gears that microsofts AAA studios bring out.

Even GT has failed to move from the ps1/ps2 with any success, if Sony wanted a decent racer for its ps4 they should of negotiated to get Bizarre creations a dev with a proven track record at brining out really good racers. Develop a new PGR for the ps4 and chuck the same sort of marketing and hype at it as they did with Driveclub. then they would have a Forza contender, imagine how cool a PS+ version of PGR would have been.
          Last edited by Lebowski; 23-03-2015, 14:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
            I'd have to agree it was supposed to be a launch title, really dont know how this went so wrong a year and a bit late. It seems that they have completely rebuilt the game engine in the past year as word going round form those that had played it at shows was that it was a very dull and janky game.

I think sony thought that if they chucked another year they might have a series to rival forza or pgr.

I'm not sure if its sonys internal management but there studios really do seem to fail to hit the same sort of quality as Microsofts internals, games like Killzone, Drive-club, and Resistance have always felt quite poor compared to the halos, forzas and gears that microsofts AAA studios bring out.

Even GT has failed to move from the ps1/ps2 with any success, if Sony wanted a decent racer for its ps4 they should of negotiated to get Bizarre creations a dev with a proven track record at brining out really good racers. Develop a new PGR for the ps4 and chuck the same sort of marketing and hype at it as they did with Driveclub. then they would have a Forza contender, imagine how cool a PS+ version of PGR would have been.
            You seriously comparing Ms in house to sonys?

Re bizarre, it feels like the lead gameplay coders from pgr made the handling model for this too, feels exactly like pgr3, in a really good way.
            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 23-03-2015, 15:06.

Comment

yeah id say that apart from Naughty dog, sony's internals always feel a bit middle of the road, Resistance, killzone, and now DriveClub added to the not terrible but not amazing stable of franchises.

Comment

Sony have a huge in house stable. Ms have what? 2 studios now? After they have systematically disbanded every studio they've had. Also, gears was epic until recently so can't be classed as in house.

Barring halo ce, Ms in house have produced nothing but average sequels.

Comment

That's not true at all. In just over the last year alone MS Studios have involved in development and publishing all of these plus others:

D4
                  Max and the Curse of Brotherhood
                  Kalimba
                  Ori and the Blind Forest
                  Forza Motorsport 5
                  Forza Horizon 2
                  Killer Instinct s1/s2
                  State of Decay
                  Project Spark
                  Halo MCC

Sony's output in the same time frame has been abysmal by comparison.

Comment

State of Decay is really underrated after a very ropey start it really comes into its own, i really liked setting up safe houses and scavenging for resources to keep your little community fed and healthy. if they could get co-op going on this it would be amazing.

Comment

Fear not of April Fools, this is a real gift

UPDATE 1/4/15 8.55am: Sony has released the previously-leaked MotorStorm buggy DLC for DriveClub today as a special Apr…

The Motorstorm Buggy is now available to download for free

Comment

Btw, there's an open spot in the Bordersdown club, if there are still anybody (semi-seriously) playing. Let me know and I'll invite like the demi-god I feel like, muwaha.

Comment

I'm up for it, having just bought a PS4 for Bloodborne, but with DriveClub too. Playing it a fair bit. PSN name is T3h_ch33se

Comment

Just sent you the invite, burn some rubber!

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Servers are being upgraded today, wonder if this means the PS+ version is any closer

Comment

Working...
                                X