#DriveClub PS4 (Evolution Studios)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    That's just a list of excuses sorry . Compared to the 360 the One is a big leap and we're seeing full 1080p with more cars and so on , Im sure like many PS2 games RRV didn't even run at the PS2 full res of 640X480 and unlike many DC games it couldn't even handle AA . It was hardly a generational leap imo and RR 6 was hardly doing much more than running in 1080p on the PS3 either

If one is going to have issues with 'content' that implies one is deep in the game and playing it a lot (different to saying I don't like this game, or its not for me) and would then know how much content is there compared to Forza 3/4 , Yet you don't own the system and so would have trouble putting the hours into the game (needed to see most of the games content), if playing it in a shop or mates house .

I know its looks like a dig (and I don't like it as you're a sound guy) but if I was to have issues with say GTA IV and say content wise its nothing compared to GTA;SA then I would expect to have owned and played a hell of a lot of GTA IV to make such a reaching statement
    I'd love to play RR6 on the ps3; is it better than the 360 version?

Comment

The Apex DLC seems to be available tomorrow at least. 11 events, 5 trophies and the following cars:

Enzo Ferrari
      Caterham R500 Superlight
      Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Centennial Edition
      McLaren 650S Coupe
      Jaguar C-X75 Prototype Edition

Comment

Really enjoying this second time around. Although would like to see more of the newer events with lower powered cars - i dont have the reactions of a cockroach like teen anymore to control the ever increasing raft of supercars which get faster as the track width gets smaller....

When does the dynamic weather kick in on the events? Seems to only be available on a custom race. Also i love the music, but any chance of some new tracks via dlc?

I did get a wow moment tonight with the game - full monsoon, with thunder, gradually going dark to midnight. Very nice

Comment

Both the Apex and Sakura DLC should be available in all regions now, 90 new stars to collect. And no Venom Hot Lap 3 as far as I can tell, phew.

Comment

Driveclub sound preset is available now for Sony's gold/2.0 surround sound headphones now

Comment

Well it seems Evolution studios are done, someone has been posting elsewhere that The staff were gathered together today and almost all of them - if not all - are going to be put into consultation and have their roles made redundant. Sad news that another UK Dev has been given the axe, we wont be getting any more Motorstorm games.

It seems that the continual mess ups, delays and eventual failure of this game was to much for Sony so heads have rolled. I guess we can put PS+ version in the grave too. Id Give it a few months and i bet the full game will be on PS+.

Sony might not be closing them completely but there entire staff is pretty much gone.
              Last edited by Lebowski; 19-03-2015, 11:23.

Comment

That is sad to hear, though it's been on the cards for six months so hopefully most have been job hunting already.

Comment

So just as DC was starting to pick up a bit of momentum with their fairly brilliant & regular updates they get culled? Seems a strange time to make such a harsh move. Real shame for Rushy & co.

Comment

Haven't people paid for a season pass for content up until July? Presumably that content has already been created and is going to be provided.

Think this probably puts the nail in the head for the PS+ version of the game - assuming this news turns out to be genuine.
                    Last edited by MartyG; 19-03-2015, 12:18.

Comment

Sony now confirming the restructuring of Evolution.
                      Driveclub developer Evolution has suffered a number of layoffs, Sony has confirmed to Eurogamer.Sony has restructured E…

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                        Sony now confirming the restructuring of Evolution.
                        http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...oper-evolution
                        Sony are still banging on about the ps+ version? Jezz, let it go...

Who really cares about a playable demo; xx months after the main game has been released, especially now that you can get the game for peanuts.

Comment

Not sure about them making Drive Club a 'service'

I assume the aim is something like MS is doing with Killer Instinct but has enough of the DC playerbase remained? Surely just task them with a new Motorstorm or some such once the current game is done

Comment

When they say service they just mean leave the servers up for a period and maybe look to finish whatever the promised current DLC is for the game.

You'd think with the way Sony seem to be cost cutting Guerilla games would be on thin ice as they consistently make awful games.

Comment

They will have to honour the promised DLC for the season pass, and no way will the servers come down anytime soon I'm sure.

Comment

Reports say 55 people are being made redundant (roughly 50% of the team)

Evolution Studios, the developer of PlayStation 4-exclusive racing game DriveClub, is set to lose 55 staff, sources fam…

Comment

Working...
                                X