No announcement yet.

Star Wars Battlefront (EA/DICE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not impressed with this at all so far, graphics are nice but the scope of the levels seem limited, there's just not enough going on compared to titanfall or Battlefield. I do suck on the pad (xbone) and I'm hoping the full game is better - will pick up the pc version no doubt.

Comment

This pulled me back as it went on. Initial opinion still holds but I got enough hours out of it that when you times it by the map count it should be worthwhile enough. I'm assuming different modes use the maps differently though as on Hoth there's a lot of dead space.

Comment

seems the hackers have cracked it already. On Neo Gaf and RLMUKK reports of unlimited AT&T and other hacks. Guy had 182 kills, 2 Deaths in one game and this is only the beta!

Comment

Unlimited AT&T? That'll help with my long distance phone calls.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
            Unlimited AT&T? That'll help with my long distance phone calls.
            my bad with typing!

Comment

How does this compare (gameplay, game modes etc.) to the previous Star Wars Battlefront games? I really enjoyed Battlefront 2 I seem to recall.

Comment

I have clocked up about 10 hours play and just don't like it and I realise why, it ain't fun. Maybe the final product will improve, but for now I will need a lot of convincing to part with cash for it (and I love Star Wars).

Yes, I know it is only the Beta, but the real game is not far away now so I don't see much to keep going. One last comment, I will not beleive any reviews unless they are done in the real world. These controlled press events on LAN's do represent the real deal which will have lag issues almost guaranteed.

Comment

Just seen on Gaf there will be a season pass covering four expansions for $50

Comment

Played this a bit on both PC with most settings on ultra and on PS4 and am really impressed with how well the PS4 compares while keeping the framerate around 60fps. These are some of the best graphics I've seen especially on a console. Can't say a lot about the gameplay as I've never played either a Battlefront or Battlefield game before or many games of this sort but I enjoyed it. On the PS4 the multiplayer part of the beta was unplayable due to it's poor wireless connection, I kept getting warped all over the place. The split screen worked quite well though with as expected the framerate getting dropped to around 30fps.

Comment

Well, I will still get the full game and season pass, so I'll post my thoughts when the game comes through (and I get a break in my schoolwork).

Comment

It really is sad state when people are willing to throw down ?80+ for this game... it's not just the lack of depth to everything, its also a lack of content.. bf4 shipped with 6/8 hr campaign and 9 large, detailed, destructible maps, while this ships 8 of the simplest maps which wouldn't look out of place in Cod, and they want to lock day 1 gameplay modes and maps behind a wall. What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                          It really is sad state when people are willing to throw down ?80+ for this game... it's not just the lack of depth to everything, its also a lack of content.. bf4 shipped with 6/8 hr campaign and 9 large, detailed, destructible maps, while this ships 8 of the simplest maps which wouldn't look out of place in Cod, and they want to lock day 1 gameplay modes and maps behind a wall. What a joke.
                          Agreed, been having the same talk this morning when comparing to the other games coming out over the next couple of months. Halo 5 and the amount of content in that makes this feel like a budget release.

Comment

It's Star Wars.

People camped outside to see the new trailer.

There's probably somebody camping ready for the film.

Playing a game where you get to be Luke or Darth or drive at AT&T () is a no-brainer.

Comment

I'm disappointed there's no single player campaign in this. How were the campaigns in the other Battlefront games? Were they anything like the Rogue Squadron games on Gamecube or the Jedi Knight games?

Comment

Originally posted by Shoju View Post
                                I'm disappointed there's no single player campaign in this. How were the campaigns in the other Battlefront games? Were they anything like the Rogue Squadron games on Gamecube or the Jedi Knight games?
                                In truth, they were never particularly fulfilling - it has always been a multiplayer-centric game.

The exception being the PSP one, which was a bit more solo-friendly, but it wasn't a good game overall.

Comment

Working...
                                X