No announcement yet.

Star Wars Battlefront (EA/DICE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maced to level and got all the guns. Play suffers from the old on line friend Lag. Some games you get a decent game others, the "empty your gun and he kills you scenario happens. not sure how they hosting this for the full game. Played one game where one guy got 33 kills and 3 deaths, eveyone elas rubbish score. So far though as I game it aint anything special

Comment

High k/d are easy to get on the empire side, jump into at-st and muder all rebel scum who have to rely on random icon pickups and hope the RNG gives the missile pod or the finite ion card which barely does 10th hp to it. Then you take advantage of the absolutely terrible respawns and muder the rebels over and over, tje highest i saw was 67/5, best I've gotten was 47/8 just sitting in one of the enemy turrets taking advantage of the rebels spawning right in front of me.

Comment

I think I'll pass - if it had of had a campaign with its ?50 price tag I might have been tempted, but given how shallow it is with a ridiculous auto-aim, I'm not convinced it's worth it.

Comment

I'd agree with most comments here. Shallow (it's only a beta mind), but running around an AT-AT for the first time as it plumbers along is pretty excellent.

Comment

I'm keeping my pre-order. I'm sure they'll fix / tweak a lot of things by launch and after.

Comment

As a beta/demo it's a fun quick blast, but I don't see the long-term appeal like a Battlefield game for me.

The PS4 version looks better than the X1 version.

Comment

I was really looking forward to this game, but the game feels plain, maybe that's because of how limited the beta is.

I decided to pre-order black ops 3 instead. I'm still willing to buy this as well if the reviews are good.

Comment

Comment

I had quite a lot of fun with this yesterday, but it does feel a little empty still. I hopped into one of the little turrets and sat there blasting rebels for quite a while. Took them ages to figure out where I was.

It's also the first 'shooty' game I've let my son play - as it's not gory etc. He loved it too.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                      I think I'll pass - if it had of had a campaign with its ?50 price tag I might have been tempted, but given how shallow it is with a ridiculous auto-aim, I'm not convinced it's worth it.
                      It's just a Beta isn't it ? . I'm not 100% sure it's for me as I'm not a massive Star Wars Fan and like the modern day setting of the Battle field games more . But its feels and plays like a BF game to me and it also looks and sounds stunning (PS4 version)

Comment

Love how the walkers look all jittery when they move feels authentic to the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          It's just a Beta isn't it ? . I'm not 100% sure it's for me as I'm not a massive Star Wars Fan and like the modern day setting of the Battle field games more . But its feels and plays like a BF game to me and it also looks and sounds stunning (PS4 version)
                          I seriously doubt it's going to find much additional depth in a month. It plays nothing like BF3 or 4, but it will sell to people suckered in by the Star Wars theme and looks, especially around the movie release.

I will try the full game via the 10 hour trial on EA Access.
                          Last edited by MartyG; 11-10-2015, 10:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                            Its nothing like a Battlefield game, there is nothing short of a total overall to save this game for me. BF4 shipped broken due to lag, bugs and glitches but the core depth of the gameplay was there from the beginning, this game has nothing like that experience aside from the really good looking graphics especially around the explosions, but then it lack any of the total destruction making a step backwards. And notice not a single video coming out of this game is from the rebel side.

Comment

*ahem*
                              My first video was on the side of the Rebellion.
                              I have a good one of strafing an AT-AT with an x-wing too.

Comment

I seriously doubt it's going to find much additional depth in a month. It plays nothing like BF3 or 4,
                                I think its just more BF simple gameplay dressed up in Star Wars myself.

BF4 shipped broken due to lag, bugs and glitches but the core depth of the gameplay was there from the beginning
                                Well I didn't think much of the BF III demo , the final game was much better. To me its just plays a lot like BF only dressed up in Star Wars . I myself much rather the real world type setting of modern day war .

Comment

Working...
                                X