No announcement yet.

Star Wars Battlefront (EA/DICE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Star Wars Battlefront beta comes out on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC via Origin in early October, EA has announce…

Beta launches early October

Comment

I'm a lot more interested in this now they've said you will play in a squad of two. Means me and my mate won't be lumbered with two random campers/snipers like always happened in Battlefield. Plus less people will be let down by my awful skills
      With no iron sights, I wonder if I will still be headshotted to death 0.1seconds after spawning?

Comment

Squad spawn at base and not in the field then!

Comment

^ And enjoy a 3 minute walk back to the action before getting head-shotted again.

Any new updates on the likely content of this game? Looks great, but last I heard it was going to be a fairly bare bones affair ("aggressive" DLC season pending) with only 4 themed areas to fight bots or MP in. Even read a dev saying day-night variations of same areas equated to different areas.

Comment

EA's FAQ: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/batt...attlefront-faq

Says there are twelve multiplayer maps and the first DLC comes two weeks after launch (it's free though) adding two more maps. There's no proper single player included, other than "missions".

The open beta is due soon, not sure I'm going jump on this Day-1 given it's MP centric.
            Last edited by MartyG; 04-09-2015, 12:48.

Comment

If this would have single player I'd be all over it, but so far the multiplayer only is putting me off although the game does look wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                If this would have single player I'd be all over it, but so far the multiplayer only is putting me off although the game does look wonderful.
                Single player and not on origin.

1. the idea of getting into a multiplayer star wars game with hardcore nerds is not appealing

2. Origin is absolutely awful.

It looks lovely visually but those two things kill the games appeal for me.

Comment

I want to try the beta, it looks great but it will need to not feel like Battlefield Star Wars Edition for me to go for it.

Comment

I'm completely fine with Battlefield: Star Wars myself. If it draws more SW fans then BF ones, I'll finally be able to dominate!

Comment

It is true that I might just get it because it's Star Wars. I generally don't play FPS games but when I do, it's because of the setting. I did play Dark Forces so maybe this might get me into the Battlefield genre.

Comment

Might even double format dip on this pc/xbone. I only buy battlefield for MP, barely touched SP on the last two games could give a toss if it's in there wheee.

Comment

A wait and see for me, as I never play multi-player.

Comment

Some further details from EA about the open Beta: http://starwars.ea.com/en_GB/starwar...october-8th-uk

Comment

New preview including a look at a new map

Comment

Beta is now up on the NA store, 7.4GB.

Comment

Working...
                                X