Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just getting it showing "unavailable" on the EU store for Xbox One :/

Comment

I considered jumping into the beta on PC (assuming there is one on PC too) but then I'd have to install Origin. Nah.

Comment

Quite enjoyable. I'm not too big of fps though.

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
          Quite enjoyable. I'm not too big of fps though.
          Feels like a fan service to me. 2 maps on show are pretty bland compared to the amount of detail in the battlefield 4 maps.

I think this will feel like a step back for any BF fan.

Comment

Need some help please with this pos

i can play it fine on my X1 no probs instant connect ect

but on my sons X1 it won't connect it says something like. Need to be signed into ea account to access online service
            but he plays FIFA, battlefield hardline and a few other ea games. What's the deal with this
            his account is linked to mine but I wouldn't of thought that would make any difference (but then again it's ea)

thanks

Comment

I've taken a look at BF4 videos and you're right it is rather basic. The game overall is rather basic.

Comment

Did this video

only tried the beta out of curiosity, but i doubt it would not get the full game i always prefer a single player to a multiplayer

Comment

Terrible game. boring, dull, lifeless.

No depth to gameplay, the guns all feel terrible, pickups are a crap system, ships are crap, Hoth is the most unbalance pos excuse for multiplayer map i've ever played.

Comment

You lot crack me up. Let's compare a beta to a two-year-old title that has had numerous updates and DLC's released for it.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

To be fair the beta stage of development is usually where the team is concentrating on things like testing, bugs, documentation and manuals/guides. I wouldn't expect anything to look majorly different once it's launched.

But yes, maybe people should be looking forward to how the game will play in two years time after several DLC packs and rounds of community feedback. It should be a general acceptance now that launch games are shizen.

Comment

I thought it nailed the atmosphere of Star Wars perfectly myself.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I downloaded the Beta for XBone last night and i absolutely love it. I can't quite put my finger on why but i find it very enjoyable. I think the fact that its Star Wars is a big reason and possible due to the fact that i have not played BF4 so don't have to compare it to anything. And i have to say it really does look completely stunning at times, the lighting is very impressive, the rocks on Tatooine look so photo-realstic. I have not even tried out the Hoth map yet, saving that for today.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                            I'm having the same conversation with a friend in work this morning. It does the theme of star wars pretty spot on, but I feel that the theme has compromised the maps/gameplay on show. The 2 year old maps from BF where better than what's on show. Fair enough its a beta but I highly doubt these maps will get a massive overhaul before release.

I guess this will go down the same as Hardline did with Battlefield fans.
                            Last edited by djtickle; 09-10-2015, 07:44.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                              I haven't played it yet, but if that's the selling point, I would be concerned about the final game.

The previous two games did this exceptionally well, but beneath the sheen they were solid, but ultimately quite shallow games. Once you'd played every map twice (which took an evening or two) you were pretty much done.

I had hoped, with a new team taking over, that they'd address that.

Interested to hear what they add to the full game; whether there's some kind of back-end system that makes it a bit more compelling.

Comment

Surely that is the selling point? You wouldn't want a Star Wars game where you didn't feel like it was Star Wars.

So basically exactly the same as Battlefield, but Star Wars.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X