Star Wars Battlefront (EA/DICE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    Oh my god, that is just absolutely amazing!!! It's like all my childhood dreams are coming true!
    It's funny. I wasn't bothered so much when this was first announced as I never played the first 2 games but this just looks too Epic to pass up.

Comment

The trailer they showed during the Sony show last night looked even better than the Hoth level. Sounds strange but it looks just as good as the FMV in the age old Rebel Alliance games for PC, It looks that realistic. It really does look movie quality.

Comment

I was already watching it a bit jaw on the floor stylee, but when Luke and Darth appeared it was like WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
          Not sure how I feel about the elimination of ADS/ironsights. Seems odd and it may make for a total hipfire spray-'em-up.
          It depends how it's handled. Most decent hipfiring fps are less spammy than those that employ ads. For me this is a major plus

Super hyped for this!

Comment

Went looking for the other videos of this. Jesus H Christ it's stunning. The only thing that worries me is I've never played a battlefront game before, I take it they're fully action based? At least that's how the videos make this one look?

Comment

This is fully action based, using Frostbite 3/4 (?).
              I hope they have this down pat before release, not crapped all over like BF4 was.

Comment

Here's a clip of the Survivial (i.e. Horde) mode that was also shown (now with added Admiral Ackbar).

Comment

That was the other video I watched, @ 44 seconds in that bit looks borderline live action.

Comment

I had avoided looking at this game before due to the combination of EA and past Star Wars games being awful. But this looks sensational. Current gen saved. Playing this in co-op could be better than Halo.

Comment

Looks amazing!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                        I had avoided looking at this game before due to the combination of EA and past Star Wars games being awful. But this looks sensational. Current gen saved. Playing this in co-op could be better than Halo.
                        In fairness, Star Wars games aren't awful, they're just inconsistent.

The Battlefront games (the first two for PC) were very good in their day.

Comment

Comment

Can't help but feel sceptical when watching the gameplay trailers for this. There's obviously a lot of planned/scripted action going on to show it off but it looks extremely polished like it's been edited.

Comment

Of course it has mate. It's a trailer. It's entirely scripted and carefully edited to present this extremely expensively made game in the best possible light, they don't just whack FRAPS on for 10 minutes and hope for the best.

The game looks great though! Really looking forward to this one.

Comment

This looks like it might be a whole lotta fun and the only thing keeping me from selling the PS4.

Comment

Working...
                                X