No announcement yet.

Star Wars Battlefront (EA/DICE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be excited if it wasn't EA but I just know they'll have found new ways to ruin the game.

Comment

i have read somewhere there is no single player campaign, so i wont bother anyway. but i am sure they will produce lots of DLCs to milk the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
        i have read somewhere there is no single player campaign, so i wont bother anyway. but i am sure they will produce lots of DLCs to milk the fans.
        (Not meaning to be a pain first off) - I'm kinda glad there is no single-player mode. The previous ones only had barebones single-player content and instead focused on multiplayer, and that's what I think Battlefront needs. I don't know about anyone else, but I've never thought much of single player in any of the Battlefield games, so I'd rather they didn't bother and made a new Republic Commando or something for people who want single-player games.

Comment

I agree with that. Better they focus on providing good multiplayer scenarios rather than wasting resources on sp, at which they largely suck (although bad co. 2 sp was alright, to be fair).

Comment

No single player? That's a shame, I'll be out as well then.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
              I agree with that. Better they focus on providing good multiplayer scenarios rather than wasting resources on sp, at which they largely suck (although bad co. 2 sp was alright, to be fair).

A multiplayer only game with aggressive an aggressive dlc policy. Yay. You know I was just thinking I need more shooters with aggressive dlc policies. Just can't get enough of them these days.

Comment

When are we actually going to see gameplay? E3?

Comment

We will see some gameplay at the EA/Sony show. Also no doubt there will be an exclusive beta announcement as well as first for new DLC.

Speaking of which, all the maps will be set on four planets: Tatooine, Hoth, Endor, and Sullust.
                  So four maps per planet?

New planets as DLC.
                  Death Star DLC
                  Pod Racing DLC by Criterion.

I'd actually buy that last one as a stand alone game.
                  DO IT EA!

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    A multiplayer only game with aggressive an aggressive dlc policy. Yay. You know I was just thinking I need more shooters with aggressive dlc policies. Just can't get enough of them these days.
                    Don't believe I suggested that. I don't want to be reamed out by EA's 'aggressive' DLC plans, but neither do I care to undergo another of DICE's 'campaigns'. They should stick at what they're best at, which is making scenarios for MP mayhem.

Comment

some of the Battlefield campaigns are excellent stuff. i played through Bad Company 2 and BF4 multiple times already and enjoyed them more than Call of Duty's latest shooting galleries.

Comment

Bad Company 2 I agree, it was a fun if bugged romp. Both BF3 and 4 have been woeful though.

Comment

Grinning like a frickin' loon!!

Comment

Yep same here, looks insane, and the fact its console footage too. Wonder what more can be expected from the PC version.

Comment

Not sure how I feel about the elimination of ADS/ironsights. Seems odd and it may make for a total hipfire spray-'em-up. The gameplay does look fun, though. Video was practically a machinima tribute to the Hoth battle - lol! Hope DICE have been allowed to good 'off-canon' and innovate some new weapons too, as the video reminded me of just how lame the standard Star Wars weaponry is.

Comment

Oh my god, that is just absolutely amazing!!! It's like all my childhood dreams are coming true!

Comment

Working...
                                X