No announcement yet.

Star Wars Battlefront (EA/DICE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, this is not battefield, the lack options in playstyle, teamplay, and destruction are telling . This game has be made so simple for anyone to get into it becomes dull, quake 1 had infinitely more going than this. And it's compounded by lifeless sterile maps and unbalanced objectives for each team.

Sadly i think this trash will have longer legs hardline just purely down to star wars fans.

Comment

from what i have played so far, strip away star wars (which I know ain't easy) and you are left with a generic shooter (so far). Wonder if the full game will give more options, better maps, objectives which really use the Star Wars IP?

Comment

How authentic is this to the Star Wars experience?

Do you get to play some of the main characters like

Captain Kirk or Spock

?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          How authentic is this to the Star Wars experience?

Do you get to play some of the main characters like

Captain Kirk or Spock

?
          I declare that you are trolling and claim my ?5.

I managed to get the Xbox One version to download in the end seemed to be some glitch with it thinking I'd already downloaded it :/

Comment

The atmosphere and quality of this game is superb but I cannot help but feel how boring these games are. I really find this type of game unappealing. Kill, get killed, respawn, kill, get killed.

Yawn.

Comment

Gave the PS4 version a whirl and I'm a bit unsure whether to get it or not. Honestly, it looks great and it's pretty fun to play.
              However the criticisms are bang on the money also. It's as shallow as a puddle, designed very much so all the small kids who are about to get Star Wars fever can also blast them like the best of 'em. There's a nice accessibility to the fact that nothing requires skill to achieve so you can try out anything that takes your fancy pretty much.

Battlefield and (despite the stick it recieves) CoD are far more involved and complex shooters. I do think there's a good few hours fun to be had here but then I don't feel that a month or two later it would still be getting played. That makes me think of getting it on the cheap later, but SW or not the servers will likely be much quieter.

The Force is reasonable in this one.

Comment

I am trying out the single player levels now..

Comment

Single player? They weren't available yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    Surely that is the selling point? You wouldn't want a Star Wars game where you didn't feel like it was Star Wars.

So basically exactly the same as Battlefield, but Star Wars.
                    Quite the opposite.

The best Star Wars games are the ones that don't hang on the licence. For instance, X-Wing was an amazing game because it had fantastic mission design and great mechanics. The fact that it was Star Wars made it that much better, but even if you stripped that out, there was a fantastic game underneath.

Conversely, Star Wars Supremacy/Rebellion was a poor strategy game with a Star Wars veneer. Remove the licence and you'd have a poor game that was "carried" by the licence.

The first Battlefront had that problem - strip the Star Wars out and it was just a simplistic Battlefield clone, with less to do than in prior games like Tribes 2 or Battlefield 1942. It sold well, though, because it was on console - and it was the first Battlefield-style game to make a splash on console.

Of course, that doesn't make it bad. For many players, the Star Wars thing will be novel enough to keep them playing for weeks. In my case though, I've played that many Star Wars games over the years that the "in Star Wars" bit can't really sell it to me.

Comment

Well it is quite authentic as i was playing single player and the storm troopers when they tried to shoot me they kept missing

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                        Single player? They weren't available yesterday.
                        yep, they are on the main menu, you play as co-op on your own. They are effectively a survival game with 15 waves of stormtoopers etc trying to kill you.

Comment

Nowhere near the level of BF4, but there are 7 multiplayer modes and only 2 of them in the beta.
                          I played it up to the max rank, now just need to finish getting the remaining equipment unlocks and I'll give it a proper judge.

Heh heh.

Comment

Downloading now. Will there be an actual single player campaign in the retail game? Have zero interest in multiplayer/online, so that side of it has no interest for me. Being basic is actually more up my street..........

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              Downloading now. Will there be an actual single player campaign in the retail game? Have zero interest in multiplayer/online, so that side of it has no interest for me. Being basic is actually more up my street..........
                              no single players campaign in the final release, already confirmed

Comment

Well in true dragons den style "Ah'm oot". Shame, this was the game I had all my current gen hopes pinned on for this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X