No announcement yet.

Virtual Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect that game's really good; not just from the trailer - it was meant to do the usual thing, go into AppLab (which is Meta's equivalent of early access) and then come out later in the year. Apparently Meta's people saw it and fast-tracked to a full, "we're gonna push this for you" release.

Comment

Yeah, that looks really good like a mash up of Luckys tale, Mario, with a bit of FPS Thrown in for good measure

Comment

It looks like an Astrobot reskin with an uninspiring main character, wtf is a Max Mustard im sure it will be fun enough but come on how hard is it to make a decent character for your platform game.
        Last edited by Lebowski; 08-03-2024, 08:08.

Comment

Looks fun

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
            It looks like an Astrobot reskin with an uninspiring main character, wtf is a Max Mustard im sure it will be fun enough but come on how hard is it to make a decent character for your platform game.
            At least he isn't called Simon Mayo, I guess. Now that really would be a silly name.

Comment

You don't get many condiment surnames.

Colonel Mustard from Cluedo.

Sir Titus Salt the Textile Barron

Art Pepper the famous Jazz musician

Simon Mayo as mentioned above​

Can't think of any more.....

Comment

how hard is it to make a decent character for your platform game.
                One way to judge how hard something is would be to compare the number of successes to failures across a range of options. And if we're talking "mascot platformers", the number of bad ones absolutely dwarfs the good ones. For every Sonic you've got 100 wannabes.

Comment

Unless you're Mario, human mascots are always a fast path to the bins of history. For animal ones it needs to be simple but with a distinct air. One of the genius aspects of Astro is that he's neither and very simple but with a ton of effort put into making him characterful via animation.

Max looks like a quality enough clone of Astro Bot, the art style could be more appealing but it's a big step up from Vex VR which was also Astro like but hard to warm to

Comment

You don't get many condiment surnames.

Colonel Mustard from Cluedo.

Sir Titus Salt the Textile Barron

Art Pepper the famous Jazz musician

Simon Mayo as mentioned above​

Can't think of any more.....

James Brown

Comment

New headset hits the market - might be great for DCS.

But you could have nearly three Vision Pros instead

Comment

How about a little fly around Arrakis!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

James Brown
                          Going to need to check your sauces on that one

Comment

Comment

Not sure if this is a recent change or if I just haven't noticed it before, but on the Quest+ service (the overpriced / worse Game Pass equivalent), there are now a load of claimable games outside of the usual monthly two titles. One of these is Demeo, which is definitely worth a look if you have this at the mo (Quest 3 came with six month free - just remember to cancel before you're charged at month 7).

Looking around, I think this is new from around the end of February, so adds a bit more value.

Meta Quest+ lets you play top-tier games without paying top dollar. Our team curates killer content each month, so you can browse less and play more. Next month’s picks are multiplayer military shooter Contractors and narrative-driven immersive puzzler Shadow Point. And if you’ve already subscribed (or you join by February 29), be sure to download our February titles: I Expect You To Die and DYSCHRONIA: Chronos Alternate.

Comment

Cracking value for 7.99 the highlights being Red matter, Jurassic Park, Demeo , and Walkabout mini golf.

I've said it a fair few times now, I think Sony is missing a trick not including any VR stuff in its game catalogue, it was one of the reason i picked up a vita as I had a ton of stuff in the library to play, and it made the purchase of the handheld all the more worthwhile.
                                Last edited by Lebowski; 14-03-2024, 10:00.

Comment

Working...
                                X