Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so what games is everyone likely to get on day one i simply cant decide yet lol.

Comment

Including the PS+/F2P stuff I'll be sharing my time somehow between:

-Resogun
      -Killzone: Shadow Fall
      -DriveClub
      -Knack
      -Lego Marvel Super Heroes
      -Battlefield 4
      -Need for Speed: Rivals
      -Warframe
      -War Thunder
      -Watch Dogs
      -Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

Which coupled with what I'm getting on Xbox One at launch:

-Forza Motorsport 5
      -FIFA 14
      -Call of Duty: Ghosts
      -Killer Instinct
      -Dead Rising 3
      -Ryse: Son of Rome

and I'm assuming in the rough same week as all these Nintendo will release Super Mario 3D World which means it's going to be epic. The short stuff will go first to make the most of trade values etc but there's some stuff that I'll be on for months. I have a 5 week drought first though where WiiU will be my only system...

Comment

Out of curiosity. Why are you getting COD Ghosts on Xbone, and aside from Fifa, all the other multiformat titles on PS4. Is the Xbone version likely to be superior?

Comment

I've always ridden CoD out on the PS3 despite the timed exclusivity on map packs as I prefer the controller for the games but with PS4 and XBO the differences between controllers seems less pronounced. The main swing vote for me though was dedicated servers on XBO for the game, it's about the only title where that might make a real difference in experience given the pace of the game so giving it a go with MS this time. Typically though, I reckon most multiformat choices for me will swing PS4's way out of habit thanks to the PS3.

Comment

Ahh I see! You will certainly have your time cut out getting through that list of games, good luck

Comment

Guerrilla Games has ditched experience point gain for Killzone Shadow Fall's multiplayer.The Dutch developer has instea…

Killzone Shadow Falls mp will abandon the typical XP system and instead gives players 1500 challenges to complete which reward with a point which ayers save and cash in to purchase their perks/weapons/mods as they choose.

Comment

What about battlefield why ps4 over xbone ? I'm getting both consoles too I'm not sure which to pre order what's the difference if any ?, games like assassins creed and watch dogs are no brainers as they have more content , but I don't Know which version is likely to be the better option regarding battlefield , any Dlc exclusives or player counts ?

Comment

The XBO version is said to be getting at least 1 map pack slightly earlier than PS4 but I've stuck with the Soney version as the online experience between the two should be near identical so having come from the PS3 version of BF3 the pad should feel more at home for me. Plus BF3 on PS3 had a bigger userbase than the 360 version so if that carries across getting games I want might be a tad easier. If there was a clear advantage to the XBo version like there is with Ghosrs I'd have probably swapped though but for this entry I'm sticking with PS

Comment

UPDATE: The Project Phoenix Kickstarter has ended a colossal success, raising over 10 times its original $100K goal wit…

Kickstarter project Project Phoenix has had enough success to get PS4 and Vita editions

Comment

Fair enough , I have pre ordered the xbox and ps4 version for ?42 from amazon , will make the cut closer to the time . At the moment my pre order stands as

Knack ?49.99
                      Killzone ?44 amazon
                      Watch dogs ?41.30 through flubit
                      Assassins creed ?43 through flubit

Xbone
                      Forza ?45 shopto
                      FIFA :S although I plan to sell the code
                      Dead rising ?45 shopto
                      Cod ?44 amazon
                      BF4?42 amazon

Will get the downloadable titles too .

Is anyone bothering with the camera at launch ? Is there anything that will use it ?
                      Last edited by yesteryeargames; 11-09-2013, 18:21.

Comment

I thought Xbone was getting ALL DLC for BF4 early?

Comment

Not good, Edge have been talking to developers about the difference to the two next gen consoles and it seems there is even more of a difference in cross platform games than people had been expected and one even states that some developers may choose to "castrate" the PS4 versions to "avoid ruffling any feathers".

Power struggle: the real differences between PS4 and Xbox One performance

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames
                            Is anyone bothering with the camera at launch ? Is there anything that will use it ?

Just The Playroom I think, a collection of minigames which I believe is free (I might be wrong though).

I really don't think it's worth picking up at launch personally. The only reason it's there is for feature parity with the Xbone really, otherwise they probably would have released it next Xmas or something for extra hype.

Comment

Thinking of getting one at launch now. Just for the housemarque game. What a ridiculous extravagance.

Comment

I want the camera just to have the 'complete' experience...but not for ?50.

Maybe there might be a few deals on it come Christmas. I'd bite for ?30 maybe.

Comment

Working...
                                X