Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you even played Ryse FSW?

Comment

No, only seen videos. I'm only commenting on the graphics though.

To clarify, I'm not saying that I think Killzone is better in all those areas. I think both games look absolutely stunning.
      Last edited by Brad; 02-12-2013, 11:32.

Comment

Originally posted by robrymond View Post
        It feels sluggish personally. Wether the pace of the game is slower than others, but there is something I can't put my finger on which doesn't feel right. Having just finished the Vita version and played online which was a smooth experience theres just something odd about it.
        It has consistent frame rate issues(announcing it targets 60fps is really stupid to be frank) making it jerk along, and the game clearly uses some kind of softening FXAA or something.

For me the multiplayer could easily be confused as a scaled 720p image if not for a couple of small elements.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron View Post
          My PS4 gets delivered later today but I've got to say the best graphics I've seen so far for this next generation is easily Ryse. It trumps Killzone Shadow Fall in every category.

Environments
          Character Design
          Textures
          Atomospheric effects

Crytek's artists are head and shoulders above Guerrilla games. It's a very impressive looking launch title.
          I totally agree. I was actually underwhelmed a bit when I've been playing through Killzone, but Ryse I was continually impressed with it when you get to new areas. Some of the levels are utterly stunning and are legitimately better than anything I've even seen on PC.

Saying that though, the Killzone space level gave me goosebumps thinking about a next gen Dead Space... and then I remembered that Dead Space 3 exists .

I haven't finished Killzone yet (only 3 levels in) but the lighting in Ryse pisses all over it IMO. To me there's no discernible difference between the resolutions either, I rarely see a jaggy in either.

One thing I did notice that I thought looked **** on Ryse, in the caves when you walk past a fire pit, circle around it. The fire is a 2d texture that follows the camera. It looks really jarring and out of place. That is literally the only visual complaint I found in the game though, personally.

BF4 looks nice on PS4, but I spoiled myself a bit I think running BF3 from my PC at near 4k res downsampled on my TV which looked incredible...
          Last edited by Synthesthesia; 02-12-2013, 13:10.

Comment

Playstation 4 vs. Xbox One

I think as long as you have great artists and great devs, like Crytek and Guerilla, then you can get a great looking game on either console. I'm sure both games could look just as good if they were developed on opposite consoles. What this means is... Great times for great consoles who have great users feeling great about the future.

Greatness awaits.

Comment

Fence sitter!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                Fence sitter!
                Or am I? Greatness awaits?

Comment

Got to agree, Ryse is the only game which has impressed me visually more than anything else I have seen. Playing Killzone currently and a few spots of lighting have been nice but every where I look there is something which stands out as awkward. Ryse's lighting is so natural you don't even think about it. One area it shines is there is a lot of lost detail on the character models which you very rarely see, details in the face etc. I noticed that Mariu's father had yellower teeth than Marius for example.

All that aside. It's quite an empty game, hack and slash but we all know that going into it. Was fun, glad it was short.. any longer and it would have dragged on too much for the content it has.

Comment

For me, models aside, assassins creed 4 is the most beautiful.

Its sumptuous.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                      Or am I? Greatness awaits?
                      whose was that slogan again i cant remember??? bring back David lynch's Third place, Or that guy flying out of the that woman's vagina then crashing into a gravestone.

At least older gens advertising campaigns where distinguishable from each other if nothing else.
                      Last edited by Lebowski; 02-12-2013, 16:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                        I will just leave this here for Teamy, I know it's like poking wasps nests with sticks posting metacritic but it's a good barometer if nothing else, and critics and players have rated this the same.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't been blinded by the shinny emperors new clothes effect of crysis, makes me think "wow if Ryse looks so good on the xbox one imagine what they could do on the ps4," but then I wander off because I saw some tinfoil.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-...se-son-of-rome

The problem with Ryse is it needed:

Decapitations
                        Chariot racing
                        Gladiator battles with Tigers
                        Decapitations
                        Sex
                        Elephant boss battle
                        Decapitations.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                          The problem with Ryse is it needed:

Decapitations
                          Chariot racing
                          Gladiator battles with Tigers
                          Decapitations
                          Sex
                          Elephant boss battle
                          Decapitations.
                          So basically if you could decapitate a tiger, whilst riding a chariot, whilst getting a BJ, then this would be a perfect game. Here's hoping for Ryse 2!!!

Comment

I'm sure they will all be in the sequel, especially now that Todd Papy (GoW Ascension) is at Crytek now, directing a new game.

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
                              So basically if you could decapitate a tiger, whilst riding a chariot, whilst getting a BJ, then this would be a perfect game. Here's hoping for Ryse 2!!!
                              Sex it's got wobbly breasts that make would dead or alive blush

Yes, most games have never been great at depicting realistic jyggle physics. It's not the best situation, but at this point, many of us are used to that. The breast physics on Ryse, though? I don't even know what is going on there.

Comment

Thought I would put this in here but whats next for the 2 consoles now?

Theif on the 28th Feb?

Comment

Working...
                                X