This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOTY 2013 Discussion

Have we a thread for this yet? If so please close...

3 that immediately spring to mind:

GTAV
    The Last Of Us
    Super Mario 3D World

Good call.

Last of us
    Tearaway

Only 2 that spring to mind

Comment

Last of Us
      Mario 3D World

Are really the only two I can think of (not including Wind Waker HD as it's a rehash), unless Gran Turismo 6 is phenominal.

Comment

As much as I love the Wii U, I personally think Wind Waker HD is a better game than Super Mario 3D World. Pikmin 3 was also just as excellent once you get into the Mission Modes so I couldn't call 3D World a GOTY.

It was slim pickings on Xbox 360 with the new generation coming, Bioshock Infinite or GTA V are clear candidates for me but I wouldn't object to a Playstation exclusive (couldn't say which, I don't buy them, there was a lot of buzz around The Last of Us, Tearaway nearly made me buy a Vita, that fact alone makes a case for it).

EDIT: I'll save DataDave the trouble and suggest The Wonderful 101 from the start.
        Last edited by Pikate; 02-12-2013, 13:56.

Comment

Last of Us is my main contender. Considering I have pretty much forgotten every major PS360 single player game I have played, the fact this stays in my memory speaks volumes.

Comment

Theres also Zelda: A Link Between Worlds but not played that yet personally and early in the year Ni No Kuni and Bioshock Infinite. Pikmin 3 is probably a good call but not played that. Any more big releases before January?

EDIT: Gran Turismo, of course!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              Last of Us is my main contender. Considering I have pretty much forgotten every major PS360 single player game I have played, the fact this stays in my memory speaks volumes.
              Yes, 360 has had a crappy year.

Comment

A really crappy year for 360, it was saved to some extent by GTA V, Bioshock Infinite and Rayman Legends. I think it really struggled because Halo, Gears of War and Forza are all a bit stale now and there was no Braid/Limbo/Fez to save it like in the past. Microsoft do seem to be trying new things with exclusives though which is encouraging for the future.

Overall I think we had a year where the GOTY candidates were some of the best of the generation (especially if you include the first year of Wii U in that) but outside the GOTY candidates it was a really unremarkable year with not a lot of innovation or quality unique/original IPs.

Comment

Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate is better than any game anyone else has mentioned.

MALICIOUS: Rebirth is also better than any game anyone else has mentioned.

Monster Hunter 4 is better than the two games I mentioned.
                  Last edited by J0e Musashi; 02-12-2013, 14:08.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    Exactly how I feel, was trying to rack my brains to remember anything else I spent time with

GTA5 I've only played an hour or two so I can't really include that as I've not really got into it

With the last of us I played it through twice (equalling around 30 hours)

Only played it through again

just to see if my actions on finding Ellie on the surgery table had any difference, first time through I slaughtered all the staff with my flamethrower and on the second play through you have to kill the guy that attacks you with the scalpel but let the other survive - no difference lol

But still enjoyed the second play through especially since I cut around 6 hours off my play time

Comment

I played 13 seconds of multiplayer in Lost Planet 3 and then the round ended.

That is the only game released this year that I have played.

So... Wowzers! Teh bestest game in the year is da Lost Planetz 3 even after just firteen seconz, man! InniT1!

Comment

The Last of Us without question.

Tearaway, Killzone Mercs, Zelda LBW are all worthy of the title too.

Comment

I don't think I bought any new games this year Just older releases (mushihimesama and dodonpachi resurrection etc) and retro (N64).
                          And "The Room" on the iPad, but that was released at the end of 2012.

Comment

Only one game that I have put in over 100 hours into this year and that is Battlefield 4 multiplayer on PC. It may not be super imaginative or groundbreaking but it what I played.

Comment

Got to be GTA V. Or Persona 4 Golden (going by UK release date). Or Mario 3D World. Waaargh!

It's been a good year for me gaming-wise.

Comment

Working...
                              X