No announcement yet.

"Next gen" three months on (PS4/XBO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not dissing the game, just saying that you can probably play it with a ?200 PC.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      Plants Vs Zombies, the perfect showcase for your ?400 mega console! :P

Just messing, no one get narked now.
      Lol it's actually reviewing well and at least it's not a port and something new (unlike Peggle, which I love but still... It's just pretty Peggle 2.0)

Comment

i reckon will be at least another six months before i even think about getting the ps4 or xbox got to say this is the longest i have held out from getting a console but after the last gen i got burned to much

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski
          For me this highlights a bigger problem of this gen early on, in that to justify the upgrade everything has to look super amazing and be ultra Next gen

That's been the case for every generation so far. Graphically undemanding indie games are nice, but if I'm upgrading then I want some sick **** with rad next generation graphics, because isn't that the whole point of the new systems? We could have played these indie games perfectly adequately on the PS3.

Of course it's a great thing to have all the variety of indie games and so on. I love all that stuff and I wouldn't have it any other way. But it's not really a reason to buy the system since it doesn't actually use the capabilities you're paying for in any meaningful way.

Press Start put it well:

Originally posted by Press Start
          It is nice the next gen machines are out, I look forward to the next gen games....

Last edited by wakka; 25-02-2014, 11:05.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

That's been the case for every generation so far. Graphically undemanding indie games are nice, but if I'm upgrading then I want some sick **** with rad next generation graphics, because isn't that the whole point of the new systems? We could have played these indie games perfectly adequately on the PS3.

Of course it's a great thing to have all the variety of indie games and so on. I love all that stuff and I wouldn't have it any other way. But it's not really a reason to buy the system since it doesn't actually use the capabilities you're paying for in any meaningful way.

Press Start put it well:

Thing is i am getting really sick of the retro blocky look granted it will be always about gameplay but i keep thinking would be nice to have some great graphics with it aswell

Infact would be nice with some of those games to get even snes/megadrive quality at least

Comment

I would like some 16bit style 2D in HD. Artists just don't seem to shade anything though and it all looks flat!

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                Plants v Zombies Garden Warfare is out now for Xbox One.
                Console seller right there!

Comment

Very happy with my PS4. BF4 has been lodged in the drive. Fifa sometimes gets a look in.

Strider get quite a bit of attention via remote play.

Looking forward to Dark Souls 2 on PS3 lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X