No announcement yet.

Edge 266 (May 2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers for the thread Mr Ono was hunting for this very thread yesterday. Even for a MGS fan like myself a 9 seems a bit high for MGS:GZ an 8 for me. And is Yaiba really a 2!? One of the lowest scores I have seen. Agree bit of a hyperbolic cover XBone is not in that much of a state. They should have just but a pic of and XBone and what can MS do to catch up? I'm surprised they have not done a Wii U doomed cover yet, or have they and I missed it?
    Last edited by JU!; 10-04-2014, 14:45.

Comment

Originally posted by H-Man View Post
      I don't get it. My PS4 has barely been touched since launch and the reason I don't own an XB1 is because there's literally nothing I want to play on it (although to be fair I have a gaming PC and the overlap - Titanfall etc - accounts for some of this). There's loads of decent titles on the WiiU, though. Hopefully Smash Bros. and MK8 will bring more ppl around.
      This is what I don't get . There's some very good games on the PS4 and XBox 1 , just like there is on the Wii U; the Wii U also had a years head start ,also its line up its made up of a lot of 360/PS3 to Wii U ports . It's just the usual EDGE rubbish ... I seem to remember EDGE doing the same with the 1st X Box with "Is it terminal" massive feature .

The only thing that's in real decline and in trouble is EDGE's readership , God knows why I just renewed my sub onthe I-pad

Comment

Let's not forget when XBox was going to destroy everything else forever:

and

Comment

Here we go , Typical EDGE rubbish

Comment

Edge are the print version of Kotaku.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              Here we go , Typical EDGE rubbish

To be fair to edge the original xbox was dropped pretty fast and was a commercial and financial flop that Microsoft lost a **** ton of money on

Comment

To be fair to edge the original xbox was dropped pretty fast and was a commercial and financial flop that Microsoft lost a **** ton of money on
                That feature came just a few months after the EDGE was all over the XBox with the HALO review (btw financials played no part in that feature) . Also the XBox enjoyed 4 years of very good support and paved the way for the 360 .

Its funny how it never did such features for the PS3 when it was in trouble and losing SONY a fortune or any such feature on the Cube or the Wii U ; machines which had/have issues with sales and 3rd party support

Comment

Nintendos Gamecube strugled form the outset so its not really news, where as edge really pused the xbox so it would make sense for them to do a stick the boot in cover id say that makes them more balanced than biased, ignoring that they splurged over the xbox early on and its now struggaling would make them less trustworthy in my book.

Sony got a massive kicking early on in the press, (even in Edge) sony where late to market, overpriced difficult to program for, and lacked decent titles for quite some time. I didn't get one myself till the price drop and pack in deal with Resistance and Motorstorm happened.

Comment

Nintendos Gamecube strugled form the outset so its not really news,
                    I think until the PSP the Cube enjoyed the best launch in Europe out of any console , it also (at the start) did very well in the USA. So it wasn't news at all

Sony got a massive kicking early on in the press
                    I never ever seen any front cover by EDGE sticking the boot in to SONY , not even with regards to the PSP or VITA . Even with the PS3 EDGE never really knocked SONY for the pie inthe sky faked CGI demo's

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      Edge are the print version of Kotaku.
                      Ok I'll bite - what makes you say that?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                        Yeah the H should have been at the top.

7 reviews, not exactly a lot of content - most people will have finished those games already

Does it saw the circulation figure on the first page Mr O?
                        It's magazine 101 that people read left to right. The h is in the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                          Ok I'll bite - what makes you say that?
                          It's not really, just the attention grabbing cover.

Comment

Isn't a magazine cover supposed to be attention grabbing in one way or another?

Comment

What gaming magazines do you guys like these days?

I've not bought one for ages and it's hard to find one that is neither a marketing pamphlet or a bit stale.

Comment

I actually do like Edge, contrary to popular opinion. The reviews are always interesting and well written even if I don't agree with the conclusions they come too, and there's typically lots of interesting articles and features.

Comment

Working...
                                X