Mario Kart 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guts View Post
    No, see here's where you're getting confused.

Everyone else is celebrating a great add-on for an already excellent game. You on the other hand, instantly started whining about a problem that isn't actually a problem.
    Yo Guts, did you take charm lessons from the rmoxon school of charm?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
      Nintendo store already showing MK8 DLC as sold out. What the actual feck?
      That's cause Nintendo want you to buy it from the new in-game store.

Not impressed with this update in the slightly, if I wanted a Mario Kart DLC advert I would just watch the Nintendo twitter feed.

I suspect there might be a few angry people, once everyone get home from work and download the patch, to see that it turn MK8 into one giant advert.
      Last edited by S3M; 27-08-2014, 16:40.

Comment

If you don't like any of these utterly malicious business practices then just sell all your kit off.

I suggest you all try PC gaming. You can create your own DLC and release it to yourself whenever you feel the timing to be perfectly suited to your own tastes. You may find peace in that.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          If you don't like any of these utterly malicious business practices then just sell all your kit off.

I suggest you all try PC gaming. You can create your own DLC and release it to yourself whenever you feel the timing to be perfectly suited to your own tastes. You may find peace in that.
          Hmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post

Comment

Pre-ordered my DLC today, naturally more excited about the 9 different coloured Yoshis I can play as.

Comment

Preordered as well. Guess my WiiU isn't getting traded in after all

Comment

Ordered. ****ing Singapore stores over charging for eShop cards though. 16 new tracks is awesome. Blue Yoshi FTW.

Comment

Downloaded the Mercedes DLC and pre-ordered the other two packs.

Comment

In the first DLC set, Mario Kart DS's B.Dasher kart returns

Mario Kart DS introduced an extremely swift hot rod called the B Dasher into the series, which was suspiciously absent …

Comment

UPDATE 5/11/14 22:45pm: Nintendo has now confirmed Mario Kart 8's previously-leaked Amiibo details and given the game's…

Amiibo outfits confirmed and DLC 1 is out on the 13th! Trailers in the link

Comment

CVG showcases everything we'll be playing in 48 hours time

Comment

I'm not gonna look at that but I'm SO EXCITED.

I wub MK8 and I play it most days. Wonderful wonderful game.

Comment

[sorry, wrong thread]

Comment

New DLC is live, was playing it this morning. First impressions of the tracks:

Animal Cup:
                                -Baby Park (GCN) - this was pretty much exactly what I expected, to be honest. With 12 racers and the anti-gravity on, this gets quite chaotic, but it's not as item-heavy as it was in DD. Fun aesthetic and music speeds up every lap which is cool, but it IS just a single loop.
                                -Cheese Land (GBA) - I didn't play this in SC so it's new to me. Quite a technical course with some quite sharp drifty turns. The cheese aesthetic isn't too strong though, and it feels more like an above-average desert track.
                                -Wild Woods - beautiful scenery, and I like the Shy Guy theme. A nice layout though I don't remember anything specifically quirky about it.
                                -Animal Crossing - as above (minus Shy Guys), though I've only played each track once, so I've only played this on the Summer theme so far - it randomly selects between any of the four seasons which apparently make different stage hazards, so I think replaying this will reveal more interesting things about it. The music is brilliant as well.

Bell Cup:
                                -Koopa City (3DS) - Looks amazing on Wii U, as any city track should. Music is unchanged from the original from what I can hear. I don't remember the track being so slippery on 3DS - I tried playing as Dry Bowser on the new Bone Rattler ATV and it was utterly impossible. More manageable with my usual medium-weight set up but I was getting thrown to the outside of the corners more than other tracks. I think this will be one that separates the men from the boys.
                                -Ribbon Road (GBA) - this is a fantastic reimagining - the aesthetic means it's basically like racing on a Scalectrix track. Lots of trick-heavy play here; surprisingly technical. The music is quite changed from the original but it's grown on me.
                                -Super Bell Subway - For me an unexpected highlight of the pack - this one is quite intricate with lots of split paths. Feels far less like a racetrack than the others and more like genuine scenery invasion. I remember really enjoying this.
                                -Big Blue - WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

200cc: This is utterly bonkers. Completely changes viable set-ups and playstyle - say goodbye to heavyweights. Ridiculously fun, but it's like learning the game all over again. It's way more of a jump than 100cc -> 150cc. What's funny is that the AI don't seem to quite get it either, as I've seen plenty of them fall off the outside of turns and crash into things because they had too much sanicfast.

All in all, this update / DLC is great. Go play and have fun.
                                Last edited by danstan21; 23-04-2015, 14:20.

Comment

Working...
                                X