No announcement yet.

Amiibo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently Ninty have discontinued Villager, Marth and Fitness Person?!

Comment

You guys are all bonkers buying these at those prices, especially at how much more affordable they are in the USA and jpn. Send a message that it's not ok to sell over priced toot at such inflated prices.

Comment

But the general consensus on here is there's no reason to import anymore because it's not like the old days things have improved, pfffffthahahahaha.

Comment

With the build quality issues, it feels like importing would be a risk in this case.

Comment

To be fair Dogg i have to totally agree with you the quality is so bad on some that it's proper russian roulette ordering those things. Seen some shocking paintjobs and they keep coming.

(taken from Neogaf)

Blotch of pink on arm, pink paint in her hair, and the darker pink coloring on the side of her dress is lacking.

Peach #2 has none of these problems, except now she has a blotch of paint on her sleeve.

Yoshi has some kind of glue residue on his leg, and some paint got on his treads.

Mario has a large blotch of button paint way down on his knee

Fox definitely is more demanding, and this figure nailed the paint on all of his zippers, but the paint job on those boots is just a mess.

Comment

Importaku - have you bought all of the 'first wave' of Amiibos yet? We can normally rely on you for such things, and the inevitable awesome picture afterwards!

Comment

I was really hyped at one point and was going to literally go all out and collect the lot including any rare promo ones as this stuff really is my weakness and it been Nintendo characters it would have been extra fun. I was one of those that embraced e-reader cards and loved collecting them so i was their ideal target. Then i saw the massive quality drop in the real product and frankly i have been totally turned off now, i had both wave 1&2 ordered from Amazon Japan but thankfully i saw pics in time and i cancelled pretty fast. Just can't bring myself to order something of such low quality, i'd rather they made blank unpainted ones & i'd do my own as my painting skills are way beyond what the monkeys Nintendo are paying in the factory to paint theirs.

I'm hoping something comes of the amiibo card thing that Nintendo mentioned, hopefully they can't screw up a card as much. It boggles my mind that people are paying ?15 for those and even more for ones that are lol "factory misprints"

Comment

Completely fair enough. I'm dipping my toe in the water and ordered two at a tenner each. If they are rubbish then they're going back. Interesting to see if Nintendo will acknowledge the QC issues and improve with the second wave?
                  Last edited by thebuddahman; 07-12-2014, 17:48.

Comment

Why do people even care about these so much?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      Why do people even care about these so much?
                      Fanboyism.

Comment

Originally posted by thebuddahman View Post
                        Apparently Ninty have discontinued Villager, Marth and Fitness Person?!
                        Ebay is going crazy over this now. I have had a look and can't find these in stock anywhere. Shame would have dipped for Marth, won't be at inflated prices.

Comment

A rep from Nintendo has confirmed the rumour is bull****, they are making more of them but the current stock has run dry.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            A rep from Nintendo has confirmed the rumour is bull****, they are making more of them but the current stock has run dry.
                            Hi do you have any Nintendo gamecube adapters selling near you locally ? I have a huge favour to ask if you could buy one for me and I will pay for full shipping and a little extra on top for your trouble .

Amazon UK let me down on my order and I'm really hoping to get one before Christmas

Thank you

And my local has a wii for trainer if anyone's looking for her I can pick it up .

Comment

So I've just come to my senses and cancelled both my Tesco and Amazon orders. I don't even have a WiiU or Smash Bros ffs and I was getting caught up in the hype!!!

Comment

A mate apparently bought a bunch of GameCube adapters here in Japan and put them on eBay UK for super profit. He often lies so I don't really believe this. We went around Akihabara on Sunday and he was looking for more. They were sold out where we tried.

Comment

Working...
                                X