No announcement yet.

Amiibo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the point in amiibos that work with one game, then? Seems Nintendo are getting greedy on this. You need a Mario based amiibo, toad, a kirby one, a yoshi one, a zelda one and now a chibi one to get full functionality from their titles. It's so ****ty.

Comment

People want it both ways though- if every Amiibos unlocked content for every game, Nintendo would be accused of hiding more content behind them.

Comment

Not to mention that the stuff they unlock is pretty minor in most cases, like a CPU controlled player 2 in Woolly World. They're mostly just collectibles.

Comment

the captin toad treasure tracker one annoyed me, if you have the toad amiibo you can play all the levels again to find a little pixelated toad hidden in fiendish places around the levels so this one adds a new game mode and gives you an excuse to revisit the game.

Comment

If the Amiibos did nothing people would just decry them as a rip off though. Perhaps the solution is to offer the Amiibo content as paid DLC that can be bought from the Eshop as well, at a reduced cost compared to the Amiibo.

Then they'd be criticised for on-disc DLC though...it's a no win situation really!

Comment

They would be criticised either way in that scenario but I don't believe it's a no-win situation. It's that they haven't found a good platform for these things at all. To be honest, if they used them for any serious content, it would be a disaster right now because their availability is a major problem. These are a collector's item, not a gaming accessory.

To make them a gaming accessory, they would need to make them all easily available and then develop something that is a core platform for them. An actual Amiibo game. Then needing the Amiibos is not locking everyone else out because they are core to the experience. Everything else, like unlocking outfits in Mario Kart 8, becomes nothing more than a bonus. Which is really all it should be.

Comment

More leaked amiibo, prepare your wallets lol

Comment

Goddammit!! I think that both the western and Japanese versions of R.O.B. are gonna be a must-purchase!

Comment

Oh, Good grief.
                    Will it ever end? My poor wallet

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                      Goddammit!! I think that both the western and Japanese versions of R.O.B. are gonna be a must-purchase!
                      ROB is where it's going to get interesting as it will be the one time where they can't use the same amiibo for all recions as Japan & the wests ROB were totally different colours. Will be curious to see if they will go for just one or release both.

Comment

Sure they will release both.
                        After all its a money maker now and Ninty will know there's plenty of collectors out there by now.

Looking out there the Japan one looks the nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          ROB is where it's going to get interesting as it will be the one time where they can't use the same amiibo for all recions as Japan & the wests ROB were totally different colours. Will be curious to see if they will go for just one or release both.
                          They will clearly release both.

The JPN version of R.O.B. likely won't officially come out in the west though, which will make importing it a bitch as everybody will be after one because they will want to have both.
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 14-06-2015, 18:42.

Comment

Couldn't care less for the Mii fighters or the Animal Crossing ones...but that Pixel Mario amiibo though...

Comment

Nintendo really need to step up their game, Pepsi were doing those back in 2005 lol

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                                More leaked amiibo, prepare your wallets lol
                                WiiU Animal Crossing confirmed! ...I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X