No announcement yet.

Amiibo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't see these taking off in Europe, I wouldn't be surprised if we never see the second wave and they end up sitting on the shelf before going at 99p in Home Bargains/Poundstretcher then become rare as hell and ?10 a card on eBay for those who want to complete the set.

Japan will probably lap them up though, they should find an audience in the US too.
    Last edited by Pikate; 21-07-2015, 19:14.

Comment

If people are silly enough to go nuts over dumb figures I can see these doing well myself. That said, I'm sure there will be a decent amount of trading cards in order to complete the set.

Comment

Just hope for those interested in these in the UK that they don't become a GAME exclusive. Didn't realise NFC chips were that thin, you learn something every day eh.

Comment

Argos already have a listing for them so... Yeah!

Comment

Ah good they'll be on sale at numerous stores.

Comment

I like the idea of Amiibo trading cards but I'm not an Animal Crossing fan. If they did Pokemon ones though...

Comment

I'm hoping these are more available than the figures are.

Comment

Nintendo have progressed from packaging amiibo with the game to packaging them with consoles. Given that you can only get this version of the amiibo with the Limited Edition in Europe and that's sold out it's a bit cynical to stick them in to sell consoles too.

The "modern" colours version comes out Oct 23rd (Classic colours amiibo and Super Mario Maker are Sep 11):

Comment

They should have made the console bundle one an exclusive to that console to screw with people.

Comment

Lol that's what I was thinking Speedy. That box set actually looks really cool I think.

Comment

Oh god I'm hoping these card packs are reasonable. I think I'm going to feel a strong urge to get a complete collection even though I don't really want the game. I had a similar breakdown when I bought a complete collection of Battlecards off ebay a few years ago.

Has anyone had an experience of running a shop that sell cards like this? Do the shops buy the boxes at a deal price?

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
                          Has anyone had an experience of running a shop that sell cards like this? Do the shops buy the boxes at a deal price?
                          Come, Briareos. I'll sell you cards out the back of my van. And the first one is free!

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Come, Briareos. I'll sell you cards out the back of my van. And the first one is free!
                            Why can I picture you like the Resident Evil Merchant?

Comment

Give it a week and there will be single cards, packs and even boxes of them on ebay.
                              So pleased I'm not interested in the for my wallets sake

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                                Give it a week and there will be single cards, packs and even boxes of them on ebay.
                                So pleased I'm not interested in the for my wallets sake
                                I wish I had your strength. I'm sure an empty wallet will prevent me from splurging anyway. I can still dream of a cost price box...

Comment

Working...
                                X