No announcement yet.

Amiibo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found it during a bitchfest thread on gamefaqs i have no idea if it's real or not but considering the cost of the figures im now holding off till i hear reports from people who have them in hand.

I joked a few posts up with that mario pencil topper but give it a few more weeks we might get another quality drop and end up looking like that

Comment

Given what's gone before in the interactive figurine genre with Skylanders and Disney Infinity, surely Nintendo wouldn't skimp on the quality? I know Nintendo have always historically looked to cut costs on the R&D side of things but still...

All I want out of this cash-grab nonsense is a Little Mac Amiibo!

Comment

There is a gallery of pics here http://imgur.com/a/6ak8h the quality still looks pretty shoddy on quite a few, the wii fit trainer now has some off chunk of plastic on her foot and some of them seem to have yellow stand supports but not sure if that's a removable protector or not.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          There is a gallery of pics here http://imgur.com/a/6ak8h the quality still looks pretty shoddy on quite a few, the wii fit trainer now has some off chunk of plastic on her foot and some of them seem to have yellow stand supports but not sure if that's a removable protector or not.
          And just out of interest, that gallery came from where?

Comment

Heh, I was scouring that same FAQs thread just earlier importaku

It seems like the notable declines are Peach's face, Marth's jelly sword and Link's new piss-pillar. WFT's iceberg foot doesn't look great either. At least Mario looks as good as he always did.

Comment

Gonna cancel my pre-order:

Comment

I'm actually now starting to dread seeing what the Little Mac Amiibo will look like.

Comment

These are well ghey.

Comment

The Wii fit Trainer looks the worst the wonky deformed foot mould going into the cheep looking base is a real botch job, what's with the massive lump of stabilising plastic behind her leg too, I've seen better looking capsule toys. These are shockingly bad compared to the really nice Disney infinity vinyl figures, poor show Nintendo. The paint app is really poor too with black showing through the blue on her waistband.

there is no contest between the two below the infinity ones really do show Nintendo how it should be done.

Last edited by Lebowski; 27-10-2014, 09:08.

Comment

The shocking thing is i have seen gashapon figures with better detail & painting than that batch of amiibos, it really feels like a bait and switch going on from those pics.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        The shocking thing is i have seen gashapon figures with better detail & painting than that batch of amiibos, it really feels like a bait and switch going on from those pics.
                        Thing is, when they announced them, I thought they looked amazing for the price - too good even. However, the Disney Infinity figures are of a similar nature and some of them do look pretty good as a daft little desk ornament (I've seen them in the packaging in GAME), so I thought they might look OK. Evidently not.

I hope Amazon change their image from the prototypes to the final versions sharpish, or they might have some disappointed customers, and that's publicity Nintendo really doesn't need before Christmas.

Comment

Wow, these look really poor. I was excited about them but I'm thinking about not bothering now.

Comment

Wow glad I looked at the thread gotta cancel mine. Awful!

Comment

I think I'll cancel the non-core characters, like WFT. Oh I guess that would be it...

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                Gonna cancel my pre-order:

That pic on the right is blurry and dark and it's taken from behind a glass, of course it doesn't look as good as the other one.

I'll reserve judgment for when I see them on the store self.

Comment

Working...
                                X