Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your most impressive moment from E3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    ND have already said this was running on a single PS4 at 1080p 60fps, not a PC.

I doubt the actual running around exploring and shooting sections will look quite as good as that but this is Naughty dog. Remember what they did with 256MB of ram and 256MB of video memory. They have 16 times more memory to play with now so I wouldn't put it past them.
    So of course they wouldn't lie as Sony have never done that before!

In all seriousness, it could well have been running on actual hardware, but as you state actual gameplay rather than cutscenes can be completely different.

There is no way of knowing for sure until you see it in the flesh as it were. Either way if they get to anything close to what was shown it will still look pretty damn special..

Comment

I must be getting very hard to amaze in my old age. I looked at that trailer and, yeah, it looks great but great is exactly what I'd expect one generation up from what they managed to achieve on the PS3.

Comment

Yeah. It's what we need. I'm really looking forward to UC4 not as a massive fan (although I do like the games, they're a lot of fun) but as an actual balls out next gen experience graphically. Halo 5 should similarly deliver on this front.

Comment

Nah, I'd agree with that. It was similar wows with UC1 which was stunning but behind what the systems eventually produced. UC4's trailer is equally stunning for its time but I think reasonable of what we should expect from a presumably linear next gen title. I think most of us have had our expectations weathered from current titles which aren't next gen from the ground up

Comment

I'm not one for target renders, or cutscenes depicting what we should hopefully expect so...

I'll say R6 Siege. Loving the feel of that game, the tactical aspects and destructible environments. Great to see the devs going for effects which change up the normal expected FPS gameplay. Graphically it wasn't mind blowing but the multiplayer just looked so good and dare I say well what we can expect in the finished product.

Also impressed that Halo MC collection is real. I was expecting the Halo 2 anniversary to be legit, but the whole rumoured collection with over 100 maps, all four games, 1080p/60fps on dedicated servers. I know they're old games and a re-release but in terms of value for money that's a seriously good deal... Really great to know I can play some of my favourites again in fine form.

Comment

Remakes of old stuff until the new stuff is ready is fine by me! Occasionally one of those game will be something I missed, like Tomb Raider.

I agree with dog and SF - we should be expecting first party (shut up pedants) games to look like this. We should expect the Halos to be 1080 @ 60 too; BF3 on maximum on my PC can't quite manage 60fps but tat an older game like F.E.A.R and that on maximum does 600fps. A Halo CE at that res and framerate is a tempting proposition. That's 2 XBox titles I want to play now.

Comment

Zelda looked like the best game of the show , truely beautiful .
                Nintendo IMO stole the whole show, they showed the best games and some innovation and colour in an otherwise drab grey shooter fest with the exception of sunset overdrive and no mans sky .

The coverage from nintnedo was excellent , the treehouse live was a great Idea and it felt like you were there . I expect sony and ms will copy that idea next year .

Comment

My new favourite trailer from E3:

Given that DayZ hasn't progressed in any meaningful way for months, Rocket is leaving etc. it's time for someone else to take the torch and I think it'll be SOE that do that with H1Z1.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    My new favourite trailer from E3:

Given that DayZ hasn't progressed in any meaningful way for months, Rocket is leaving etc. it's time for someone else to take the torch and I think it'll be SOE that do that with H1Z1.
                    It does look good, and what Dayz should have been but never will be. For starters it uses the Planetside 2 engine so getting thousands of players and zombies together (if that's what they wanted to do) would be perfectly doable..

The only real issue I have is whether to buy a PS4 for it , as it would be worth it. However it not being an exclusive, and owning a PC that could easily play it doesn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
                      It does look good, and what Dayz should have been but never will be. For starters it uses the Planetside 2 engine so getting thousands of players and zombies together (if that's what they wanted to do) would be perfectly doable..

The only real issue I have is whether to buy a PS4 for it , as it would be worth it. However it not being an exclusive, and owning a PC that could easily play it doesn't help.
                      PC dude. It doesn't exactly look like the most taxing game graphics wise.

Comment

Dayz felt good on pc so I'll get this on pc too I reckon. No next gen gfx but I consider a working dayz to be next gen gameplay and that's what I really want.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                          PC dude. It doesn't exactly look like the most taxing game graphics wise.
                          I realise that, the PS2 engine isnt really designed to look next gen, its designed to hold a lot of players and have decent lighting, both of which will enhance the game no end.

I was just trying to find a reason to get a PS4 currently ... oops I said it again!

Comment

Treat yourself, bb.

and I'm disappoint at the lack of praise for the Arkham Knight gameplay demo. That was incredible to my eyes. Batman jumps off a billion foot tall building, swoops through gotham, lands in his car, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slick.

Comment

Problems I have with Arkham Knight.

I don't like the mech-suit style. He looks like robo-cop with bat ears? I also didn't like Arkham City anywhere near as much as Asylum and felt the open world hurt it. It was just stupidly big and empty. This looks incredibly similar.

Probably nitpicking and minor issues but aside from that the trailer was amazing.

Comment

Were they unable to secure the license to use the word Gotham or something?

'Arkham' City, 'Arkham' Knight... Perhaps Batman is just downscaling his operations?

Comment

Working...
                                X