No announcement yet.

Xbox One : Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In America they're putting the price of the console back up to $399.99 in a few days.

Madness surely?!

Comment

It just leave them wriggle room to do "Promotional" prices every time a new game comes out.
      It's a different strategy to last gen where MS and Sony tried to do everything they could not to drop the price by constantly increasing the size of the HDD.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
        It's not an ideal solution and knew Amazon would be fine. Shopto, they're great at ignoring communications when things go wrong. I personally will never use them again, would rather pay a couple of quid more if needs be and use Amazon any day of the week, but others have had no problems after using them for years.

Really am shocked that MS haven't posted on the forums or something though. Bizarre it wasn't a problem for the various site reviewers or the number of people who have posted reviews on Metacritic.
        Well Shopto are accepting the return as well. The more I thought about this yesterday, the more angry it actually made me. This is a full retail price game that they have out for sale which completely doesn't work, it's unbelievable that people aren't completely losing their **** about it and it being news. Can't help but think if I'd posted about it in the PS4 thread as being the same situation, there would be a lot more said about it.

Comment

I'm sure Team Andromeda will be here soon to remind you that there was once a game on the NES 26 years ago, which featured broken controls and this is the reason why releasing completely broken **** is perfectly fine and justifiable today.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            Has anyone bought, and been able to install NBA 2K15? It was one of the games I bought my nephew for Christmas, just cannot get it working though. A second copy arrived today and the same issue, install freezes at 4%. Went online and it seems to be a completely borked release and a known issue.
            Have to ask does the game prompt an update, when disc is inserted?
            If so it may be worth not accepting the update and letting it try to install the disc first.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
              I'm sure Team Andromeda will be here soon to remind you that there was once a game on the NES 26 years ago, which featured broken controls and this is the reason why releasing completely broken **** is perfectly fine and justifiable today.
              Haha!

Comment

Today is last day to grab Volgarr the Viking for free if you have Xbox Live gold.
                Will be replaced tomorrow with D4 for January and #IDARB will be February's free title.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                  Of course it is, nonsense. Finish your games before release. Keep offline content offline.
                  In 1983, Atari Connection published what a game designer named Chris Crawford considered the ten "secrets for effective (and artistic) game design". The 8th is titled "Polish, polish, polish". Nowadays, such a list would read quite differently and one of the secrets would probably be "Monetize, monetize, monetize".

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                    If so it may be worth not accepting the update and letting it try to install the disc first.
                    Yup, I've had that issue with Forza 5 and I know others who had a similar problem with Titanfall recently. In the end I had to delete all reference to the game and install it offline before hooking it all back up and accepting the update.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                      In 1983, Atari Connection published what a game designer named Chris Crawford considered the ten "secrets for effective (and artistic) game design". The 8th is titled "Polish, polish, polish". Nowadays, such a list would read quite differently and one of the secrets would probably be "Monetize, monetize, monetize".
                      If only Atari had followed that too. [emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                        Yeah, he tried that as well as a few other options. The funny thing is he's at university to get in to game development and he messaged me "Lesson one, don't release a broken game". Hopefully he'll stick to that down the line. It's piss poor that gaming is in this state.

Comment

But it's FINE, Colin. [emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                            Can you take this NES -whatever rubbish out of my XBox One thread :P

Comment

Good reply!

Comment

Over the Christmas break, hacking group H4LT leaked the November 2014 Xbox One development tools, firmware and document…

A little insight into some of the extra system power MS has opened access to for developers in the XBO

Comment

Working...
                                X