Xbox One : Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The XBox website does my nut in.
    I went to "purchase" The Witcher 2 yesterday, ready to download later, but whenever I click on a link for anything, even free stuff like videos, it always says "You have no valid payment options on file" because the only credit card details it has are an old card.

I'm increasingly suspicious of the safety of Live and PSN holding my details and I'd rather buy a prepaid card and add credit that way.
    I've still got a few quid left from last time I did that and it doesn't acknowledge that when buying anything.

All of which is irrelevant when I'm trying to download free content!

If I do it via my 360, it's fine, but I quite often follow links on here or "purchase" the Games with Gold when I think of it.

Anybody else get this and know a solution without adding a new credit card?

EDIT: Pffft... to answer my own question, Major Nelson says "You can't"
    Since 2015, the backward compatibility program for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S has made it possible for gamers around the globe to discover and replay thousands of games spanning our 20-year history. For a better understanding of how the Xbox One Backward Compatibility program works and how titles are released, listen to this podcast for additional […]

"The Xbox 360 Marketplace and the Xbox One Store websites use different architecture, so if you have credit but no payment option associated with your account, you won’t be able to use the credit to purchase Xbox 360 titles. You will have to add a payment option or purchase the title using an Xbox 360 console."
    Last edited by QualityChimp; 29-01-2016, 11:21.

Comment

Yes very annoying. Agree.

Comment

Yes, indeed, I've only ever used points cards with the Xbox, and have to power it on to buy stuff instead of queueing with the website.
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

For anybody interested, Skate 3 is on sale for ?3.74 on 360 and will be a BC title for Xbox One in future

Comment

Yep. Totally interested! Thanks.

Comment

Purchased. Are the online servers still functioning for Skate 3? They are disabled on the original.

And is it a 16 because of online interactions? Or is the game content adult oriented (before I let my son play).

Comment

I don't know, but the PEGI details are here

Comment

Thanks! And: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/game-reviews/skate-3 Looks ok

I'm in the doghouse though because I told him a while back I'd like it for my Birthday. I then promptly forgot. When he found out I was downloading it he burst into tears because he bought it for me last week.... Got out of it by saying I'd much prefer the physical version (true).

Comment

My day one pad's vibrating triggers gave up last night during just cause 3. They still work fine but the vibration now is next to nothing, considering how much I have hammered it, it's held out well. Will most likely still use it until the next thing breaks and then crack out the titanfall pad I have.

Comment

Dunno if this is accurate http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=3725

Comment

Yeah it is

Comment

I bet that everyone will go crazy for RDR BC, BUT... no one will actually bother playing it.

Comment

So is L4D too, apparently. Would love that.

Comment

Love to see REZ HD made BC myself

Comment

Installing RDR now. Details of how from hukd;

If you own Red Dead digitally, boot up your Xbox One.

Go to the Find a Friend option in the Friends menu.
                                Search for “RockoHoward” — this is important.
                                Once you find that user, view his profile.
                                Tab over to his following list.
                                Sort by just “Games” not “Friends & games.”
                                Find Red Dead Redemption.
                                Click on “See in store.”
                                The “Install” prompt should appear for you.

EDIT: won't launch without update (no update avail right now)
                                Last edited by Atticus; 07-02-2016, 13:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X