Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It surely does

Comment

Well, I've had my Xone now for about 3 wks. So far I'm pretty happy with it.

My Pro's:

Console isn't as heavy or as big as people had made out to me, & looks super nice with the glass front touch sensitive on/off button. Nice simple shape too.
      Controller feels nice in the hand, just as the 360 pad did.
      Menus are nice n fast & I got used to the layout pretty quickly.
      Apps don't take long to download.
      Only played a few free Games with Gold, & Titanfall so far, but Titanfall runs super smooth & feels more natural to play than any COD/BF.

My Cons:
      Having to load games up before playing them is a pain in the arse. I just want to play the game not have to wait forever.
      The updates that have to be downloaded take way too long to download too.
      The controllers finish is a bit cheap looking. The shell looks dull. Smooth black, or even the slightly textured Black on the 360 controllers would have been better.
      The Back/Start buttons are kinda strange, but I'm sure I just need to get used to them.

In the end tho I'm pretty happy. Bought it from Argos for ?332 with the 2 copies of Destiny glitch. Sold the Destinys to CeX for ?70 & put the console on my Argos Card so I have a yr to pay it off .
      Was gonna buy from GAME but they fecked me around & wouldnt let me use my ?50 Gift Card online on the purchase.

So in the end the console has cost me ?212
      Last edited by EDDIE M0NS00N; 27-10-2014, 09:56.

Comment

One thing that surprised me the most is how well Titanfall plays on a pad. I'm typically as FPS PC gamer but have been really impressed with how it controls, having struggled with Battlefield, Killzone and the like previously.

Comment

Had mine ten days and a price cut is announced, for the US only so far, but guess rest of the planet will follow, even if they deny so

UPDATE 27/10/14 11.50am: Microsoft's Christmas Xbox One price cut will remain a US-only promotion for now, Microsoft ha…

(Fifty dollars off in the US for Nov & Dec).

Comment

Took my XboxOne round to another house at the weekend. Felt just like the old days. Not that I got to play it. My son and his cousins on Skylanders Trap Team....

It's not nearly as heavy as it looks.

Comment

If we get a price cut over here might have to take the plunge, if a suitable bundle can be found.

Comment

Mmmmm if the One drops to ?299 with a game I think I might take the plunge. Sunset Overdrive, Japanese shooters and Cuphead is enough to justify it for me. Plus the games with gold stuff makes it more tempting.

Comment

Quantum Break, wow.

Comment

I'm gonna get one now they're cutting the price here to $350, although I still feel that it's a poorly conceived and underpowered machine. Still, if I get to play a whole bunch of Halo at 60fps, that'll do it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
                      Well, I've had my Xone now for about 3 wks. So far I'm pretty happy with it.

My Pro's:

Console isn't as heavy or as big as people had made out to me, & looks super nice with the glass front touch sensitive on/off button. Nice simple shape too.
                      Controller feels nice in the hand, just as the 360 pad did.
                      Menus are nice n fast & I got used to the layout pretty quickly.
                      Apps don't take long to download.
                      Only played a few free Games with Gold, & Titanfall so far, but Titanfall runs super smooth & feels more natural to play than any COD/BF.

My Cons:
                      Having to load games up before playing them is a pain in the arse. I just want to play the game not have to wait forever.
                      The updates that have to be downloaded take way too long to download too.
                      The controllers finish is a bit cheap looking. The shell looks dull. Smooth black, or even the slightly textured Black on the 360 controllers would have been better.
                      The Back/Start buttons are kinda strange, but I'm sure I just need to get used to them.

In the end tho I'm pretty happy. Bought it from Argos for ?332 with the 2 copies of Destiny glitch. Sold the Destinys to CeX for ?70 & put the console on my Argos Card so I have a yr to pay it off .
                      Was gonna buy from GAME but they fecked me around & wouldnt let me use my ?50 Gift Card online on the purchase.

So in the end the console has cost me ?212
                      Aaaaaaaaannnnnnd my $50 credit (?32.48) for buying & registering during late Sept/early Oct has been added to my account too, making this console ending up costing me a mere ?180!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
                        Aaaaaaaaannnnnnd my $50 credit (?32.48) for buying & registering during late Sept/early Oct has been added to my account too, making this console ending up costing me a mere ?180!!!
                        Ooh you lucky bastard
                        Awesome deal

Comment

Games with Gold Nov 2014 Xbox One: Volgarr the Viking

(Viva Pi?ata: Trouble in Paradise, Red Faction: Guerrilla on 360)

Comment

Little bro just sent me a photo of his shiny new xbox one. It's white! I didn't even know there were white ones!

Can't wait to play it when I visit in December. I've told him he'd better get sunset overdrive or else.

Comment

If he has a white one then it came with Sunset Overdrive....

I am picking one up tomorrow too!
                              Last edited by BaronSqwelch; 30-10-2014, 17:31.

Comment

The white ones look so nice. I wish I had a white one too. Maybe a custom skin for my XBox one? Are they any good or do they basically make your consle look like ****?

Comment

Working...
                                X