No announcement yet.

Xbox One : Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nowt here too FF, well just the standard stuff, that poster must have taken all of 90 seconds to knock up.

A Year One Gamer Picture
    New Xbox One backgrounds: A special Year One background as well as an exclusive Day One background for those who unlocked the Day One achievement
    A Year One background image for use on Twitter, your desktop, etc.
    A free rental of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” (for a limited time)
    What else did you get Charles? guess all the other prize emails have already been sent too.

I did get a free Honda Touring Car in Forza 5 today but guess that was just coincidence.

Comment

Tell you what though.
      My wife signed into her xbox profile to watch amazon instant, she got a code for Limbo....I give up!
      Although, I will still redeem the **** out if it.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
        What else did you get Charles? guess all the other prize emails have already been sent too.
        Nothing interesting - I deleted the email after reading it and rolling my eyes. I know it's free stuff, but.... I wonder how many people actually set their background to the one year freebie background? Maybe like NO ONE ON EARTH.....

Comment

I've got the Day One achievement but no sign of the Year One background etc, got a message saying I was getting Limbo though

Comment

Same as most I just got the poster/gamerpic junk. I do think companies have to be careful with promotions like this, because whilst it's a nice thought it ends up being insulting.

Everyone should have got Limbo (or similar) and day one achievement holders should have got credit on their account, something meaningful like ?20 or 30. That would create goodwill.

Comment

I got nothing Probably because I live in Japan.

Comment

Agree about the "careful" comment Mgear.

"Here, have a free advert for our product that you already own (background imge) and a free bit of useless tat for a game you don't own." - that's how it came across to me.

Comment

Yes this post elsewhere sums it up

I'm in the same boat as fallout above... and I've been a live subscriber for 11 years and in the rewards program from day one. They did the same thing when they started giving out free copies of killer instinct - never got one then either.

They have good intentions but the way they implement these things sucks. Just ends up alienating staunch supporters like myself. If they're going to give these rewards to day one supporters then it needs to be to each and every one of us, god knows we've taken the brunt of all these u-turns and price cuts.

Comment

Just got my Limbo code - it was sent in an Xbox message, not email (unlike the DLC Forza livery code which came in email).

Comment

Dipping in here from the PS4 thread where several of us are a bit fed up, but also some good positives from several members. How is the feeling for you guys 12 months into the XB1 lifecycle. Overall is the GUI/Dashboard now at a good level? What are the exclusives that you are most looking forward too? Quantum Break could be good I think.

My feeling is that the XB1 is looking more and more attractive as the weeks go by. Sunset looks very nice, Forza Horizon looks incredible, Halo would be fun & the developers are now getting close enough platform parity that the various strengths of each system are being utilized in a way that makes any differences so small it's not really an issue.

Also, how has XBL been holding up? PSN has been quite frankly a complete nightmare. I used 20+ hours to download GTAV and the system has been slow or out of action many times. Remember, we have to pay for PSN now (online games...) Has MS managed to cope with the peaks of new games in the past months?

As a potential buyer, what are the best games and features to be aware of?

Comment

I got nothing despite paying the Iron price for the xbox one in January, shakes fist at Microsoft "I demand free stuff"

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                          I got nothing despite paying the Iron price for the xbox one in January, shakes fist at Microsoft "I demand free stuff"
                          Which reminds me, one of the major. Scrub that, the major reason I abandoned xbox was that I didn't want to pay more the machine with similar specs to PS4, because I had to pay for Kinect. Now that time has passed, will I miss much purchasing without Kinect? Are there features that are extremely useful? I always game with a headset, does voice control work OK with a mic?

Comment

@cs: I don't have experience with PSN, but I find Live to be very reliable the majority of the time, but when it's down, it causes issues beyond just being able to play or buy games - for example, Netflix stops working and you can no longer use Xbox Video for streaming from a PC (although the media player app now solves that as long as you have a server on the PC - I used Plex. The Xbox video app did not require a server and just needed you to fire it at the Xbox via DLNA).

Speedwise, downloads are extremely fast. 3GB of BF4 patch arrived in a few minutes.
                            Dash is still ridiculous, but I don't use it - kinect allows me to start the required thing immediately by talking.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                              Which reminds me, one of the major. Scrub that, the major reason I abandoned xbox was that I didn't want to pay more the machine with similar specs to PS4, because I had to pay for Kinect. Now that time has passed, will I miss much purchasing without Kinect? Are there features that are extremely useful? I always game with a headset, does voice control work OK with a mic?
                              Sorry to say but voice controls only work with kinect, you can't use a mic to command the console.
                              Kinect has it's own processor to deal with the commands seperately so it's more accurate and can so more than the basic PS4 stuff. They have patched the console UI quite well for use without voice commands, personally I love using kinect to talk to my console like a crazy person.

I usually walk into living room, Xbox On - bleeps on, tv switches on automatically. Goto kitchen for snack or to make a coffee, peep through and shout 'Sign in as Steven' it signs me in. Xbox goto Sunset Overdrive, as I walk back to take a seat, BAMN suspended game is still playing so I'm back in game with no loading, exactly where I left it when I switched console off. All I need to do is switch my pad on and play.
                              I still like doing this, it just works.

Can totally understand if people do want to pay the extra or use/want kinect.

Xbox Live has had a few blips online, noting major and it could be also because I have beta dashboard too. Personally as someone who has gamed online with xbox live and paid the sub over 360's life, I alway felt you got what you paid for and still feel this way.

Comment

Does Xbox One support game suspension!?!?!? Like a PS Vita? That is a major deal for me! Can't believe I didn't know that.

Comment

Working...
                                X