No announcement yet.

Xbox One : Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me the Xbox One is looking very good. Each month a new update improves things. There's still work to be done but we can clearly see that Microsoft is working on improving the dash. As for live, well it's been fast and rock solid just as it was for me on the 360. No complaints at all in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
      Does Xbox One support game suspension!?!?!? Like a PS Vita? That is a major deal for me! Can't believe I didn't know that.
      What's "game suspension"? Do you mean where you can just stop your game then come back to it another day at the exact same position? Yeah, you can do that as long as you don't play a different game. For example, I was playing GTA-V before then paused it to watch a bit of YouTube then went straight back in to my game where I left off. It's sort of like Android phone multitasking in a way as long as you don't boot up another game.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
        Does Xbox One support game suspension!?!?!? Like a PS Vita? That is a major deal for me! Can't believe I didn't know that.
        Oh yeah, it's a great feature.
        As Yakumo said as long as you don't boot another game your good to resume the game you left and you can boot apps, they launch on separate OS, so you can go back to play after maybe watching Netflix or using an app.

I've been farming a spot on Sunset Overdrive since last night, went to bed and picked it up again this morning. I'm now out again so when I get home I will boot it up, I will still be on the same enemy farming spot ready to level up some more weapons.
        Last edited by Family Fry; 24-11-2014, 14:42.

Comment

I think it depends on your using the standby mode instead of full power-down. The other advantage of this mode is automatic updates on all apps while the console is not in use. Cons are increased power consumption and a very slight whirring noise from my PSU fan which remains on.

Comment

One thing that does disappoint is the loading times. From being powered off the night before I reckon it's almost five minutes to fire up the dash, click on Forza Horizon 2 icon, wait until that loads, press A to start etc.

Even with pressing the right button as soon as possible reckon it's five minutes until I can actually drive a car.
            Other games are quicker loading I know.

Going to have to time it tonight now.

Comment

How long does it take to load your dash?

Presume you don't want to use standby....

Comment

Instant one uses 15watts, that's 4p per month assuming it's on standby for 20 hours per day....
                That's 48p a year.

Who has that kind of money to throw away?!

Comment

I timed Forza Horizon 2 from the 4p per month less expensive power saving mode.

Cold boot to a drivable point in the game was 2:46

from instant on to the same point 14 seconds

Comment

Have mine set to instant on, the noisy power brick is buried deep under the cable birdsnest behind the TV so can't be heard...have been dutifully quitting the game each time. Will start leaving them suspended from now on.

Think FH2 will be my Xmas break game!

Comment

Instant on is a magical feature guys, especially if you try to squeeze a quick gaming session around a hectic schedule. I am insanely jeleous that the ps4 doesn't do the same.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure what setting I have mine on. I hold the logo button on the controller, system starts up, I sign in to my XBL account and choose my game. From start to game loading up I timed it at 33 seconds, pretty quick. PS4, same process, 28 seconds.

PS3, 34 seconds and WiiU was 17 seconds going the long menu route rather than selecting a game from the initial Quick Select menu.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                          Instant one uses 15watts, that's 4p per month assuming it's on standby for 20 hours per day....
                          That's 48p a year.

Who has that kind of money to throw away?!
                          Will use that mode more often in that case ha.

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                          I timed Forza Horizon 2 from the 4p per month less expensive power saving mode.

Cold boot to a drivable point in the game was 2:46

from instant on to the same point 14 seconds
                          Yes seems my timings were a little exaggerated sorry, feels like five minutes when you're sitting there waiting mind you.

Comment

The initial boot is pretty long, I got pretty bored waiting. I think they've trimmed the cold boot somewhst with updates.

Instant on all the way

Comment

Clarification of who got a free code for Limbo

Microsoft has confirmed that its recent surprise free gift of Limbo was sent to anyone who used their Xbox One during the console's launch weekend.

The platformer's new Xbox One port will be made available to purchase for everyone else "soon".

"We're looking forward to launching Limbo on Xbox One," a Microsoft spokesperson told Eurogamer. "As a thank you to our earliest adopters, fans who played their Xbox One the first weekend of launch received early, free access to the game.

"Limbo will also be available for purchase via the Xbox Game Store soon."

Comment

Take it not everyone has a 1.9GB update today? time to opt out of the preview program, that's about three updates in the last week. And always when I want to turn it on for a quick blast gggrrrr.

Comment

Working...
                                X