No announcement yet.

Street Fighter V (PS4/PC exclusive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up the Season Pass (yay PC! About ?40 all in). Downloading it all now so intrigued. Reviews are solid-okay but it seems all the issues focus on how bareboned it is rather than the gameplay so like Killer Instinct this should pad out nicely over time.

Comment

Where's the cheapest place to get this, PS4? Any deals on digital, or is the US store the only cheaper than UK digital way?

Comment

Think the price is going up, I know it did at game..

Gameseek is cheapest currently.

Comment

Anyone know how to get bearded Ryu? I got the Street Fighter V Steelbook Edition from Game but not got any DLC for it at all.

Comment

I got an email from Game this morning with my code, you redeem it through the PS Store.

But.. We've yet to be able to select it. My son and I have yet to successfully get an online match, so I've left him to work through the story modes which are pitifully easy.

Comment

I hope when I check tonight the server issues are mostly ironed out. Its a shame that the game on release day has such issues with allowing you to host and join online matches.

Let's hope this isn't remembered as the one with horrible multiplayer issues!

Comment

Originally posted by phillai View Post
                Anyone know how to get bearded Ryu? I got the Street Fighter V Steelbook Edition from Game but not got any DLC for it at all.
                OK sorted this now, a simple reboot of the PS4 and I can now select his alternative costume.

Comment

I want this, so so badly. But I am not going to be part of the Capcom money making massive. I'll wait for a GOTY edition at a more agreeable price, but in no way should this take away any enjoyment that others are having, For me, personally, this slow relinquishing of characters, DLC and balance updates seems to cheapen the franchise and erode further my fond memories of SF2.

Comment

Originally posted by neoboy259 View Post
                    I want this, so so badly. But I am not going to be part of the Capcom money making massive. I'll wait for a GOTY edition at a more agreeable price, but in no way should this take away any enjoyment that others are having, For me, personally, this slow relinquishing of characters, DLC and balance updates seems to cheapen the franchise and erode further my fond memories of SF2.
                    It didnt have an arcade release, time and patience is what is going to make this kind of fighter great.

SSF2X>SF2 with how many releases in between?
                    USF4>SF4 as above.

Ono said previously that they are making this game so that no other sku will ever be needed.

The game is heaps of fun how it is, points are easily earned, and the small issues with servers/performance will be ironed out quickly. New DLC characters are monthly too which for me is perfect.

Comment

UPDATE 18th February 2016: Capcom's said it'll address Street Fighter 5's rage quit problem.The publisher told Eurogame…

Comment

That's a bit weird (tl;dr, SFV isn't punishing quitters). I thought in IV they had this long fixed?

Pretty sure that IV starts every match by taking away points from BOTH players. At the end of the match, both players get points back, but the winner gets more and the loser gets less - but this would still leave the loser with more points than if they ragequit. Quitting still jilted the winner, but it was the best approach they could come up with.

Personally ragequitters were the bane of my existence in SFIV, because I played primarily as Abel. Abel's "breathless" super (the one which is a bit like Captain America's "final justice" from the Marvel games) went through fireballs and covered most of the screen.

SFIV was pretty dominated at mid-level (and beginner level) with Ken players, and they would haveten throw fireballs from mid-range, thinking they were safe, and it was really easy to go through them with Abel's super. The strength of the move would usually finish the round, and the other player would ragequit during the animation (because it was quite long) - usually with a "colourful" mail message to follow about 10 minutes later.

The sheer number of Ken players who fell for this would usually result in four or five ragequits a night at the height of it.

I don't know if this affected other people quite so much.
                        Last edited by Asura; 17-02-2016, 16:44.

Comment

I know with some games like Killer instinct they have anti rage quitting....it knows which person quit so if someone quits the other person gets the win

Comment

I like how Tekken 6 does it, where you just get a connection lost message and can carry on playing until the round is over, like a mini practice round, instead of being booted back to the menus.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                              *Dont shoot me!

Has anyone tried the new fightpads? I got on well with the last ones not sure if they work this time around?
                              I have some feedback for you, my cousin doesn't get on at all with the new fightpad (he didn't like the original madcatz fightpad for 4 either). He was really good with the 360 pad and can't get to grips with the circular dpad. I had a quick go and while I could do the moves I can see how it would be a pain to use. He will try and get used to it but SF5 day turned out to be a downer for him and I had to take it easy.

I had a look at the Hori Fight Commander and that looks like the dpad is far better suited to fighting games.

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
                                I have some feedback for you, my cousin doesn't get on at all with the new fightpad (he didn't like the original madcatz fightpad for 4 either). He was really good with the 360 pad and can't get to grips with the circular dpad. I had a quick go and while I could do the moves I can see how it would be a pain to use. He will try and get used to it but SF5 day turned out to be a downer for him and I had to take it easy.

I had a look at the Hori Fight Commander and that looks like the dpad is far better suited to fighting games.
                                Great thanks Glad I held off will look at some other options.

Comment

Working...
                                X