Playstation 4: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laruso View Post
    Had some weird ps4 psn stuff happen today. Re downloaded a few things, and Rogue Legacy has Spelunky's picture on the xmb! Then I try playing geometry wars 3, but my game save wasn't appearing - pressed ps button and on my profile it says I'm playing Child of Light!! Deleted and reinstalled and working ok now, but I think there could be a problem here!
    I had the same issue. I had Shadow of Mordor installed and yet Battlefield 4 was showing in place of it on the XMB. Trying to load it up would boot me to an error screen. Luckily a re-install sorted it out but I lost the 3 gig update that I was trying to install in the first place. Odd shenanigans.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      It's a minor inconvenience to us not having psn or live, however for sony and Ms it's likely costing millions to sort out and fix, not to mention lost revenue on the systems for the downtime. We're not entitled to anything.

If anything, the community should be routing out and handing over the little p****s that are doing the ddos in the first place.
      While I agree that the people moaning are pathetic...we ARE entitled to compensation. A service we pay for was useless for 3 days. Why it was down isn't important.

But it was down for 3 days and they are giving us 5 back...anyone unhappy with that is a fool IMO.

Bit of a bummer for the new owners who couldn't register their Xmas present in time to qualify though.

Comment

I decided to treat myself in the New Years sale and return to the land of the living after being PSone only for 6 months with a PS4. Well my other half wanted a Sofa and a Jacket, I had to really!

Despite not wanting to shop from Game stores ever again, I crumbled as they had a good offer with a black PS4, Drive Club, Advanced Warfare and a digital copy of The Last of Us.

I forgot how slick everything is compared to the constantly updating PS3 and the creaking under the weight of it all 360. I Immediately downloaded the PS1 20th Anniversary theme and I'm having a genuinely wonderful time with the games. Drive Club feels and looks fantastic and with the weather update it produces some of the best graphics I've ever seen. Advanced Warfare is still the same as all the other COD'S but the visual upgrade produces some awe inspiring moments and I've found myself loving the level design and combat scenarios far more than the last game I played in the series, Modern Warfare 3. Well, maybe I just got bored and the 4 year or so gap has proven to be the break I needed!

Also, as a photographer, I really enjoy the ability to take screenshots when ever I want so when I fire up the PS4 but don't want to engage my brain with a story, I can load up a level or a track and then just take beautiful photos. Reminds me of when Achievements changed our behaviour where we would do repetitive or un-enjoybale things just for points, except now it's just procrastinating through a game and wondering off the beaten track.

Comment

Congrats on the buy. I hope you get an abubdance of enjoyment. It's a really Slick system, something that can't be said of its competitor whose dashboard is a jumbled mess.

Comment

I don't think the dash on the One is that bad now.

Back to PS4, Nyko have come up with an external - well case mounted data storage offering, which will also take 3.5" drives.

The PlayStation 4 - like the Xbox One - includes a 500GB internal hard-drive, which for many is filling up fast. You ca…

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
              Congrats on the buy. I hope you get an abubdance of enjoyment. It's a really Slick system, something that can't be said of its competitor whose dashboard is a jumbled mess.
              Don't agree with this at all. I find that jumbled mess twice as functional plus it doesn't look like something that's been lazily ripped from an outdated Bravia TV.

Comment

The XMB menu is the best still I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  Couldn't agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron View Post
                    Don't agree with this at all. I find that jumbled mess twice as functional plus it doesn't look like something that's been lazily ripped from an outdated Bravia TV.
                    We'll have to agree to disagree. I find the PS4 menu very streamlined and if it's ripped from an old system, so what? Why fix something that isn't broken? I can work with anything but the simplicity of the PS4 menu compared to the Xbox One's is much more appealing to me. They both work fine for what they are.

Comment

Yessssssss, XMB fans unite.

It does a look a bit dated these days in some respects, but if they'd tarted it up rather than starting over I would have been much happier.

Was round a mate's yesterday playing on his PS4, I have to say that once I do finally pick up a machine I think I'll continue to use my PS3 for Netflix/Amazon Prime/Crunchyroll/BluRays. The lack of available remote for the PS4 was already irritating to me (probably unduly, but it's just a personal thing), especially considering the quality of the two made for PS3, but now I learn you have to keep the pad switched on the entire time you watch something! That's nuts. That's what he said at least. That's just annoying, especially with that bloody light bar lol.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

It does a look a bit dated these days in some respects, but if they'd tarted it up rather than starting over I would have been much happier.

Was round a mate's yesterday playing on his PS4, I have to say that once I do finally pick up a machine I think I'll continue to use my PS3 for Netflix/Amazon Prime/Crunchyroll/BluRays. The lack of available remote for the PS4 was already irritating to me (probably unduly, but it's just a personal thing), especially considering the quality of the two made for PS3, but now I learn you have to keep the pad switched on the entire time you watch something! That's nuts. That's what he said at least. That's just annoying, especially with that bloody light bar lol.
                        unless you have a sony tv with Bavaria sync

then you can use your TV remote,

heres an idea wouldent you be able to use a universal remote set up to think its controlling one of the newer sony tv's for a ps4 remote??

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                          Thanks! Some of you may remember but I did buy one early this year but sold it (As I'm sometimes prone to do) after I got bored with the dry release schedule. Now it feels like the perfect time to re-enter with the good games relatively cheap in price and some great looking games being released over the course of this year. I hope Bloodborn, Uncharted 4 and Project Cars live up to the excitement in my head!

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          I do honestly like both. The Xbox One is cluttered but presents a lot of information. The PS4 is clean but hides a lot of the apps in linear rows. Both have their good and bad points, but I probably favour the simplicity of the PS4 OS over the Xbox One's OS.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

I only use my PS4 for PS4 games. My PS3 is still used most of the time really and XMB is superb on the PSP too - don't forget that!

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              unless you have a sony tv with Bavaria sync

then you can use your TV remote,

heres an idea wouldent you be able to use a universal remote set up to think its controlling one of the newer sony tv's for a ps4 remote??
                              Yes you've mentioned this feature before, unfortunately I use a Panasonic and their similar Viera Link feature is only partially supported by the PS4 (there is no stop/back button, most importantly).

That is a great idea though! I have an old Logitech Harmony that I use as a replacement for the remote I lost for my amp. I could set it up as a Bravia TV remote too deffo worth a try to see how well it works.

Bavaria Sync sounds good, does that theme your TV interface with lederhosen and sausages?

Comment

GAME do their own branded BluRay remote for the PS4, looks really basic though.

Comment

Working...
                                X