No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought mine in April 2015 and fortunately my sticks have been absolutely fine on both of my pads. I think they might have improved the rubber as my mates that have launch models have absolutely shredded sticks.

Comment

I had one of the early batch PS4's which had dodgy stick rubber, within a few weeks the left stick was peeling, I took the receipt and pad in to GAME and they swapped it for a new one no quibbles - this was about 18 months ago though.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
        I'm a week or two away from jumping in on the PS4 at last, although there is no particular reason that is motivating me.

I'm going to upgrade my PS3 version of Lego Dimensions, and I have Tearaway Unfolded already waiting to play, plus I bought FFVII digitally a while back to get the Midgar theme, so I have those to play on it.

Question is, what am I overlooking (if anything)? I get the feeling it's still pretty slim pickings on the next gen machines, but I'm excited for Rez and Ace Combat coming in the future. I remember everyone going on about Resogun at launch, but I got the impression that was a Super Stardust HD style recommendation, i.e. people played it mainly because there was nothing else. Is it still worthwhile now?

Online games or anything that can't be switched off easily or played at my convenience are not really compatible with my life anymore. I am not going near MGSV (it's a hayter-induced boycott, can't help myself). I loved Demons Souls with a passion and Dark Souls also, but skipped Dark Souls 2 as I felt they were losing their touch a bit, is Bloodborne a step forwards or back? I've read some criticism of it that causes me concern.

I never played Journey on PS3, does it still have an active player base on PS4? (I don't want to get into a game with online trophies that nobody plays anymore).

Probably I'll just content myself with Lego Dimensions and Tearaway, but couldn't hurt to ask...

Edit - btw whatever happened with the disintegrating rubber on the controllers outrage? Was the quality improved or are they still prone to getting knackered?
        Nom Nom Galaxy hitting PS+ this month is a fave of mine. Resogun already mentioned, Super Star Dust HD plays amazingly, Minecraft, Battlefront if you need a Star Wars fix.

There's finally a Super Robot Taisen game coming this year for PS4 with SRW OG Moon Dwellers.

I still use my launch controller even though the rubber has gone on the right side on both sticks, It still works 2+ years on so I'm not going to worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
          @ Darwock: two exclusives - Bloodborne (esp. GOTY version) and Transistor - are absolutely superb, in my view. Also, the controller thumbs sticks are still rubbish. You'll be needing to splash out on some of these, which solve the problem perfectly: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thumb-Grips-...er+thumb+grips.
          Yup, Bloodborne is fantastic and remains the best game on the system in my opinion.

I used those thumbstick grips for a time, they're pretty good, but I eventually removed the Dualshock 4 sticks and swapped them over for Xbox One controller sticks which feel much better.

Comment

Sony's announced a limited edition Uncharted 4: A Thief's End PlayStation 4. It's out on 29th April.The bundle includes…

Limited Edition PS4 for Uncharted 4 inbound

Comment

Shame it looks like the card the Milk Tray Man leaves behind.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

^ It does actually! Proper suave and sophisticated, like.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ts-a-drakeover

Limited Edition PS4 for Uncharted 4 inbound
                  Totally pre-orders!

Should be able to sell my MGSV Console for a decent amount.

Comment

Well, I have my brand new PS4 set up under the TV. Can't use it for anything though, as I still haven't had any of the verification emails for any of my three accounts.

Why does the account even need reconfirmed? It's not new, I was using it this morning on my PS3. Very unimpressed so far.

Edit - after four hours the emails came through, but one of them was a duff link - repeated attempts for that profile all went the same way. Seemingly it wouldn't work if sent to that particular email address? Ridiculous. I had to change my registered profile address to get it to work.

Now that's done, I've got the PS4 link running on my Vita and continuing the download of stuff on that while my daughter watches TV. Which is nice. Starting to be a little more happy...
                    Last edited by Darwock; 06-02-2016, 10:21.

Comment

I was going to say, you've got update hell coming at you head-on next.

Comment

Yes, I'm experiencing that now but at least this is something I had planned for. Having to wait four hours for an email before I could do anything was hard to swallow.

Question - I put Dimensions in to get the patches installed (8gb worth) and there are still three hours remaining, but I also want to patch Tearaway. If I eject the Dimensions disc will it continue to download the update or will that reset it to zero?

Comment

It will continue in the background, swap discs about until you have all the updates you need downloading.

Comment

If anyone is still having issues with the thumbstick rubber wearing off on their DS4 just drop me a private message as I have access to a massive amount of stock sticks so can sort you out easy enough.

Comment

On balance, I'm pretty happy with the new machine.

They didn't half balls up the interface though. PS3 was not what you would call a pure games machine, but compared to the mess on the PS4 it sure felt like it. The game icons on PS4 are lost in amongst all the other utilities and apps and other contrived stuff I don't need and won't use. I really liked how the PS3 would fill the screen with a splash page for each game as you browsed over it. PS4 I can't immediately tell if what I'm looking at is the game itself, or just some bit of news about someone else playing it, or an advert from the PSN store.

I suppose I'll get used to it though.

Not at all sure about these 'real name requests' either. I got a couple (how did these people know I wasn't still on PS3?) but there is nobody out there who particularly needs my real name so I'm wary of allowing that. I'm not ready for a world where everything I do in my private time is out there for all to see.
                              Last edited by Darwock; 08-02-2016, 04:55.

Comment

You can manually order the apps, and then hide them too. Boot up each app that you won't use, and then check the hide setting in the settings. It'll only hide five I think, but once you have enough games, they'll never show up.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X