No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erm, so apart from that you're enjoying it Darwock?

Comment

Can you manually hide apps? Does this mean I can stop things like PlayStation Music and Amazon Prime suddenly appearing on my home page, even though I've never used them?

Comment

You need at least 15 games to hide all of the apps.

1) Boot up all of the apps that you don't want to see and then close them. They'll now all be bunched together on the home screen.

2) Boot up all of your games and close them. This will push the apps over to the right.

3) Go into settings and check the "Limit Number of Items on Home Screen" box. It will hide all of the apps as it will now only display the first 15 items, which will all be games. You can access your other games from the Library, and anything that you select from the Library will be added to the home screen.
        Last edited by J0e Musashi; 08-02-2016, 09:59.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It really is that easy!

I wasn't aware of that trick actually, so thanks j0e. The PS4 UI could use some work, and I hope it sees more substantial updates than the XMB over the coming years.

Unfortunately I don't think Prime etc can be removed from their high visibility spots in the TV dropdown. These are likely bought and paid for. I've noticed Crunchyroll have jumped to the top bar and re-done their icon to indicate what the service actually is, likely as a promotional effort.

Comment

For all of its faults (and there were a few), I miss XMB.

There. I said it.

That aside, I expect to finally pick up a PS4 in the next week or two. Birthday at the end of the month and SFV, obviously.

Comment

Unravel is out tomorrow, looking like it might be an interesting mix of Limbo and almost-ChibiRoo

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime also looks odd enough for a look in.

Comment

Firewatch will be my game of choice tomorrow on ps4, will give me a nice break from The Witness puzzle addiction.

Comment

What's the deal with shutting down the PS4? It seems like 'rest mode' is encouraged, but I'm wary of that partly because of all the things that continue to run (must use a lot of power) and because it says not to cut the mains power in rest mode (which sounds like you're gambling with power outages and the like).

PS3 was simple. Hold the PS button, shut down. For rest mode it's the same process, but for a full shutdown there is another submenu you have to go into to find the option. Or am I missing a fast shutdown option somewhere in the UI?

Comment

It uses about 5 watts when in rest mode, a little bit more if you're charging from the USB slots, so about ?10 a year. To shutdown entirely, hold the PS button select power options and then turn off PS4.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                      What's the deal with shutting down the PS4? It seems like 'rest mode' is encouraged, but I'm wary of that partly because of all the things that continue to run (must use a lot of power) and because it says not to cut the mains power in rest mode (which sounds like you're gambling with power outages and the like).

PS3 was simple. Hold the PS button, shut down. For rest mode it's the same process, but for a full shutdown there is another submenu you have to go into to find the option. Or am I missing a fast shutdown option somewhere in the UI?
                      As MaryG says above hold PS button Power Options-Turn off. You can also scroll along the PS menu to power off icon. I only Rest mode mine when I'm about to play that day soon or I know Download game is coming, I'll leave it in Rest mode overnight plus in the day, or when charging the pads. Although sometimes I'll plug the pads usb into my iPhone plug also or router which also charge it.

Also for Rest mode in Settings-Power Saving Settings and you have enabled Auto Downloads etc
                      Last edited by JU!; 09-02-2016, 19:32.

Comment

For anyone that has an additional Canadian PSN account on their PS4 you can get the full 60hz GTA trilogy for CAD$17.49. I just bought a CAD$20 card for ?10 here: https://mobile.pcgamesupply.com/cata...20-Card-CANADA or you can get each game for CAD$8.99 . If I ever want a PS2 classic I'll only ever get them from the CAD or US store. They're cheaper and full 60hz NTSC versions.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                          Unravel is out tomorrow, looking like it might be an interesting mix of Limbo and almost-ChibiRoo

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime also looks odd enough for a look in.
                          Unravel looks gorgeous but according to many ain't that fun or satisfying to play. One to pick up in the inevitable sale maybe.

Comment

Doesn't surprise me, Limbo looked okay but I couldn't find the patience to deal with it after a while.

Comment

Remote play on PC and Mac on its way:

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post

I don't bother resting and use the console power button to turn off, think by default it is set to rest mode but you can change to full power off in the settings.

Comment

Working...
                                X