No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can hit the power button at any point and the PS4 will be fine? I sort of automatically expect trouble shutting down consoles suddenly these days...

Comment

Don't worry, there's nothing sudden about the way the PS4 deigns to turn itself off. It'll always make you wait for a while with your finger on the off button while it considers whether or not to obey.

Comment

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered comes out on PlayStation 4 on 17th May, Sega has announced.The remake of the much-loved …

On May 17th Sega will release Valkyrie Chronicles Remastered for PS4. It comes with all DLc and presumably is a quick port of the PC version.

Comment

Sony has added a new health and safety notice to the PlayStation 4, and in the process updated its guidance for virtual…

Sony has updated its PSVR guidance to say it shouldn't be used by under 12's

Comment

It doesn't actually say anything about damaging their eyes, damaging their brains etc though, just the usual small moving parts thing etc and damaging the product itself.

Wonder if that is in the small print. A bit of a deal changer for me, as the kids would use it more than me.

Comment

I always thought 3D movies for children was a no-no upto the ages of 6-7 not because it will damage their eyes but more so that their eyes to brain wont understand whats going on infront of them, maybe they feel VR you need to be older to benefit from it

Comment

It's likely to do with you being encased by the headset. You can't see anything else. Different to a 3D screen where you just have to look away.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I think the selection of age 12 is probably quite arbitrary. Judging by the number of children who play 18 rated games, most parents don't care anyway.

Comment

Children under 12 are idiots though. Way more likely to walk into something and break the headset or some other hijinks. That's what the warning is about. When I was testing the hardware I had a person to watch over me so that I didn't hurt myself and to take the controller from me when I needed to put it down.
                    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 09-03-2016, 10:52.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Has anyone else partaken of Wipeout Omega Collection? Wow, it truly feels like the ultimate rendition of these tracks as it looks so amazing and plays better than ever with the DS4 as opposed to the DS3 as the sticks are just on another level as are the triggers. 2048 is still way too busy with huge sections where you can't spot the track clearly as the screen is so busy, proper case of too much bling there but the HD/Fury section is off the chain and may just make me buy a PSVR for the new vomit mode.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                        Unravel is out tomorrow, looking like it might be an interesting mix of Limbo and almost-ChibiRoo
                        Jump to 2018 and it's in the PS4 Winter Sale, games are changing each week but it's currently £3.99, Firewatch is also on sale.

Comment

Got these VR games off my partner for Christmas.

Have to say Doom is ace fun in VR and pretty scary when the Demons start charging you in VR and the GFX and framerate hold up in VR. Wish more FPS would support VR. Playing Doom and Farpoint in VR is such an unbelievable experience and really puts you in the action

Comment

Would those of you that have PSVR say that its worth it? I hadn't considered it at all until they announced the update for Wipeout which interested me muchly but am wondering whether its worth diving in now at £250 or waiting, like I'd intended, till they start clearing them out at half that because they ain't exactly flying off the shelves.

Also is it worth getting if you've only got a Slim?

Comment

Where are they 250?

Comment

They were £250 just before the festering season which was the last time I checked.

Comment

Working...
                                X