Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    Personally, I think that's highly debatable.

There is nothing in OutRun 2/2006 C2C/Online Arcade that is totally brand new apart from the obvious graphical and audio "improvements". The basic gameplay premise remains the same as it did in 1986 for the most part. The original soundtrack is even there, albeit in an updated arrangement.

Sorry, but OutRun 2 really isn't a million miles away from the 1986 original. Let's not try to pretend that it is.
    So the drifting mechanic, a core feature of Out Run 2 and a fundamental element of the gameplay which distinguishes it from the first game, isn't a brand new feature? I must have missed it in the original.

Comment

The drifting completely changes how the game plays although the fundamental idea is the same. Coast 2 Coast mode is great fun.

Comment

Personally, I think that's highly debatable.

There is nothing in OutRun 2/2006 C2C/Online Arcade that is totally brand new apart from the obvious graphical and audio "improvements". The basic gameplay premise remains the same as it did in 1986 for the most part. The original soundtrack is even there, albeit in an updated arrangement.

Sorry, but OutRun 2 really isn't a million miles away from the 1986 original. Let's not try to pretend that it is.
        This is probably the most retarded thing i've ever read on this forum.

Comment

I wish I could say the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
            This is probably the most retarded thing i've ever read on this forum.
            But nothing retarded about a comment like this though, right? Well done. Have a cookie.
            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 16-03-2015, 18:16.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
              So the drifting mechanic, a core feature of Out Run 2 and a fundamental element of the gameplay which distinguishes it from the first game, isn't a brand new feature? I must have missed it in the original.
              Sorry, I missed the part where a simple mechanic (one that has been around in PLENTY of race games before OutRun 2 came about) somehow totally changed the dynamic of a game where you were still pretty much racing against a clock with some nice music and scenery to keep you company...just exactly like the original game, 17 years prior.

My bad.
              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 16-03-2015, 18:06.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                The drifting completely changes how the game plays although the fundamental idea is the same. Coast 2 Coast mode is great fun.
                The drifting mechanic isn't absolutely required to play the game, never mind complete it. It isn't a total necessity. The fact that you and others on here are trying to pass off something that was a basic staple of most racing games long before OutRun 2 came around as some sort of game-changer is hilarious.
                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 16-03-2015, 18:19.

Comment

The drifting mechanic isn't absolutely required to play the game, never mind complete it. It isn't a total necessity. The fact that you and others on here are trying to pass off something that was a basic staple of most racing games long before OutRun 2 came around as some sort of game-changer is hilarious.
                  You can get to the end but it will be a lot slower.

I don't think a single person has said it's a game changer, not in the genre changing sense. More that it's just damn good!
                  Last edited by nakamura; 16-03-2015, 18:23.

Comment

Yes, it's still a point-to-point racer, but you must have been playing a different game if you didn't think drifting changed the gameplay on a fundamental level. The fact that drifting had already appeared in other games is utterly irrelevant.

Comment

I don't think anyone is trying to pass it off as a game-changer, just that it was a fundamental change in the way this specific game had played previously. Which, apparently, you don't agree with. Whatever.

Comment

Which, apparently, you don't agree with. Whatever.
                        Yeah, sorry about that.

I mean, god forbid I should express a difference of opinion on a public internet forum, eh?

Comment

You can choose not to believe a fact, if you like, but that doesn't stop it being true.

The fact is that the introduction of the drift mechanic was a fundamental change to the core gameplay of Out Run, which I thought was pretty obvious as the point I was making. You can choose to disagree with that, but that'd be a bit like disagreeing that it's a racing game: a little nonsensical. Like I said, whatever.
                          Last edited by endo; 16-03-2015, 18:53.

Comment

You can choose not to believe a fact, if you like, but that doesn't stop it being true.

The fact is that the introduction of the drift mechanic was a fundamental change to the core gameplay of Out Run, which I thought was pretty obvious as the point I was making. You can choose to disagree with that, but that'd be a bit like disagreeing that it's a racing game: a little nonsensical. Like I said, whatever.
                            And the point I made and that I still stand by (and the point which seems to have been convieniently twisted by many) is that the drift mechanic - a basic mechanic - ultimately doesn't change the core of OutRun 2 from OutRun as much as you and others are convinced it does. Whether you think that's "fact" or not is by the by at this point. It's ultimately your opinion, just like what I express on here is ultimately my opinion.

Whatever indeed.
                            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 16-03-2015, 19:07.

Comment

So err, I'm not going to get a 3d version of outrun2 then???

There's room for both guys it's ok, sega don't have to delete one for the other.

Comment

Yeah, sorry about that.

I mean, god forbid I should express a difference of opinion on a public internet forum, eh?
                                Hah, the old "I'm entitled to an opinion too" routine after spewing a load of nonsence that they've rightly been called out on. Never change mate, never change.

Comment

Working...
                                X