Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    It's a port of the original 1986 coin-op. It's not OutRun 2/C2C/Online Arcade. Why would it have an online leaderboard?
    It's not a straight port though. You feel me?

Pretty sure I read there are bonus tune-up items involved, for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
      Is the New 3DS the same size as the old regular 3DS? I'd like a soft pouch like the one on the Nitendo Starts catalogue only I don't have enough stars. Anything else do the trick?
      No it's a bit bigger.

Comment

Thought so. Don't seem to be able to find a soft pouch thing anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          It's not a straight port though. You feel me?

Pretty sure I read there are bonus tune-up items involved, for starters.
          It's an enhanced port of the original, sure, but it's still the original.

Sorry to be pedantic and all but...!

Comment

I was hoping one of the enhancements would be a friend leaderboard where I can compare scores. Just like in the arcade original! You lose. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              Well it's not like they couldn't have added some if they'd wanted to.
              True, but I don't see why the original OutRun would need one, in all honesty.

Part of its enduring charm and brilliance is its simplicity.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                I was hoping one of the enhancements would be a friend leaderboard where I can compare scores. Just like in the arcade original! You lose. Haha
                All I have is

Comment

Haha :/ :P

Comment

Anyway...as much as I (of all people) wish that Nintendo would do online gaming on their platforms much better, not every bloody game has to have an online leaderboard, and certainly not a port of one of the most iconic coin-ops ever.

Comment

Outrun is absolutely glorious. I'm even loving the moving cabinet view, and I'll tell you what, they missed a trick not bringing in gyro control. With the screen-tilt that would have been immense.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                        I'll tell you what, they missed a trick not bringing in gyro control. With the screen-tilt that would have been immense.
                        Not convinced with Gyro control on the 3DS, personally.

MK7's implementation/execution of it was pretty dire, for example.

Comment

Is the New 3DS the same size as the old regular 3DS? I'd like a soft pouch like the one on the Nitendo Starts catalogue only I don't have enough stars. Anything else do the trick?
                          It is bigger - but I use an old 3DS case for my new 3DS and it's fine.

Something like a hard case wouldn't fit, but a soft one will probably be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            It is bigger - but I use an old 3DS case for my new 3DS and it's fine.

Something like a hard case wouldn't fit, but a soft one will probably be OK.
                            Cheers, now to find one. Great deal here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Soft...item35d47e7205

Comment

The new version of outrun gives you tune up parts when you complete the final stages.Haven't got that far,a bit rusty I am

Comment

Thought so. Don't seem to be able to find a soft pouch thing anywhere.
                                It is only slightly bigger my New Nintendo 3DS fits in original soft pouch. It's a bit snug but fits.

I use this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Licensed-Executive-Case-3DS/dp/B004JLO65Q

Comment

Working...
                                X