Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    Does anybody know if the Nintendo Select 3DS games (Zelda, Starfox etc) have reversible covers so you don't have the red border?
    If it matters, pretty sure even the carts have a different design.

Comment

Pok?mon Red, Blue and Yellow 2DS Bundles Confirmed for Europe, New 3DS Bundle Coming to North America

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201..._north_america

Comment

That yellow one is rather nice.

Glad they've given them SNES coloured buttons.

Comment

Seriously thinking of selling my New-3DS this week; one of the original white ones. I've had it since they first released it in NZ (I think someone here got it for me), but I've realised that I haven't used it anywhere near as much as I thought I would. I actually had a 10-hour train journey last week (well, 2x5hrs) and I didn't even switch it on.

Not that I want to knock it as a machine. I just feel that the NX announcement is looming and I've played everything worthwhile for the machine. Only thing I've not played are some of the RPGs; Persona Q, Rune Factory and such, but I understand that the JRPGs on the Vita are meant to be particularly good, so maybe now's the time to jump.

I mean what's coming up for it? Couldn't care less about Fire Emblem Fates; it seems too similar to the previous one, and I only played that less than a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Seriously thinking of selling my New-3DS this week; one of the original white ones. I've had it since they first released it in NZ (I think someone here got it for me), but I've realised that I haven't used it anywhere near as much as I thought I would. I actually had a 10-hour train journey last week (well, 2x5hrs) and I didn't even switch it on.

Not that I want to knock it as a machine. I just feel that the NX announcement is looming and I've played everything worthwhile for the machine. Only thing I've not played are some of the RPGs; Persona Q, Rune Factory and such, but I understand that the JRPGs on the Vita are meant to be particularly good, so maybe now's the time to jump.

I mean what's coming up for it? Couldn't care less about Fire Emblem Fates; it seems too similar to the previous one, and I only played that less than a year ago.
            I may be interested in it as I'm usually a late adopter of hardware but I've still got a decent backlog on my DSi to get through as well..

Comment

Only just realised that Project X Zone 2 is out on Friday (Thursday afternoon on 3DS eShop - could be wrong about that though).

Played the demo and it is more of the same as the first game - fanservice style over sRPG substance. Can't see myself picking it up unless it's at a bargain-bin price, which is just like how I purchased the first game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                Only just realised that Project X Zone 2 is out on Friday (Thursday afternoon on 3DS eShop - could be wrong about that though).

Played the demo and it is more of the same as the first game - fanservice style over sRPG substance. Can't see myself picking it up unless it's at a bargain-bin price, which is just like how I purchased the first game.
                The problem, for me, is that it seems like practically the same game - like just another 20 levels for the same thing. Even the locations/backdrops in the trailers seem to be the same places, or just re-rendered at different times of day.

On any other platform it'd be DLC.

Personally I'll be steering clear. I liked the first one for a few hours, but never finished it - I was bored to tears by about two-thirds of the way through.

Comment

The problem, for me, is that it seems like practically the same game - like just another 20 levels for the same thing. Even the locations/backdrops in the trailers seem to be the same places, or just re-rendered at different times of day.

On any other platform it'd be DLC.

Personally I'll be steering clear. I liked the first one for a few hours, but never finished it - I was bored to tears by about two-thirds of the way through.
                  Hard to argue with any of that - kinda feel the same way.

Funny thing about it? PXZ 2 apparently has DLC coming for it!

Comment

I'm playing an import of Yo-Kai watch on it at the moment and I'm enjoying it immensely, so if that's your cup of tea it should be coming out here soonish?

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
                      I'm playing an import of Yo-Kai watch on it at the moment and I'm enjoying it immensely, so if that's your cup of tea it should be coming out here soonish?
                      I was excited about it at one point, but it just seems old news to me now (I've seen so much about it over the years). I would be more excited about Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3, but all signs suggest that isn't going to get a western release.

Comment

Decided rather than getting rid of the 3DS quite yet, I thought I'd check out the few digital-only games I've missed and go entirely digital, so I took my physical games to GAME and got them to price-match CEX, and bought Nintendo vouchers with the difference.

It is nice to be all-digital; it's just a shame Nintendo's pricing is still all over the place.

Comment

Decided rather than getting rid of the 3DS quite yet, I thought I'd check out the few digital-only games I've missed and go entirely digital, so I took my physical games to GAME and got them to price-match CEX, and bought Nintendo vouchers with the difference.

It is nice to be all-digital; it's just a shame Nintendo's pricing is still all over the place.
                          I'm actually tempted to go all-digital myself (starting to hate having to carry 3DS cards around), but I hate that Nintendo STILL tie digital purchases to hardware instead of a proper user account like everybody else. That is still something of a deal-breaker that stops me from doing what you've done [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION].

It NEEDS to change with NX.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                            I'm actually tempted to go all-digital myself (starting to hate having to carry 3DS cards around), but I hate that Nintendo STILL tie digital purchases to hardware instead of a proper user account like everybody else. That is still something of a deal-breaker that stops me from doing what you've done @Asura.

It NEEDS to change with NX.
                            Oh yeah, it's disgraceful. If Nintendo had fixed that from the off, I might've went digital for the entire generation (the games I sold were only worth a fraction of their original value anyway). Fortunately, for me, doing this just meant getting rid of those few games and mainly trying out indie stuff.

That being said, the pricing for Nintendo's games will probably always be a stumbling block. Obviously from their perspective, Pilotwings was worth ?40 at launch so if it's new to you, it's still worth ?40 now - even though you can likely find the physical version for under ?5 pretty much anywhere.

Plus, there are games which need to be on the eShop but aren't, such as the lack of DS games. For instance, the eShop needs a Bomberman game. I still cart the DS version everywhere because I find players for quick games at all sorts of events. It's also still odd that they never embraced releasing GBA/SNES games on the platform, other than for the early adopter scheme.

That being said, I suppose its easy to chastise them for this stuff without considering the ramifications. One good thing about the eShop is that software has kept its value (likely with Nintendo having a very tight leash on things), so we haven't seen the "race to the bottom" we saw on iOS and what we're seeing on Steam, where everyone wants to be "freemium", and you end up with a few good games amid dozens of shovelware releases. Given, the 3DS does have a shelf of terrible-looking games for sub-?5 on the shop, but they're easily ignored.

Comment

Plus, there are games which need to be on the eShop but aren't, such as the lack of DS games. For instance, the eShop needs a Bomberman game. I still cart the DS version everywhere because I find players for quick games at all sorts of events. It's also still odd that they never embraced releasing GBA/SNES games on the platform, other than for the early adopter scheme.
                              Hazarding a guess, but I would imagine that Hudson no longer existing/Konami not doing anything with the Bomberman IP as a factor of some sort towards there being no Bomberman game of note on 3DS eShop.

You're definitely right about the decision to not put GBA/SNES games on the 3DS VC as an odd one (to say the least). Not so much SNES games but GBA games were promised by Nintendo back just before the OG 3DS dropped. Just another example of them not bothering to make the extra little bit of effort where Virtual Console is concerned - do they really think that 3DS owners would buy GBA games from 3DS VC? Putting them on Wii U is an utter nonsense.

Comment

I agree, I really want to go all digital but if i ever lost my device losing the save data and the hardware is just about bearable, but if you are walking around with your entire games library in your pocket it would be too much of a disaster. I hope that the future will have games you can re download to your replacement device and cloud backed up saves, fingers crossed right?

Comment

Working...
                                X