Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
    I agree, I really want to go all digital but if i ever lost my device losing the save data and the hardware is just about bearable, but if you are walking around with your entire games library in your pocket it would be too much of a disaster. I hope that the future will have games you can re download to your replacement device and cloud backed up saves, fingers crossed right?
    What you're describing is pretty much the Vita's functionality. Nintendo need to get on that.

This generation has, in a way, been infuriating for handhelds, what with the Vita being really nice hardware-wise but not performing well enough, the 3DS having poor hardware (I still wish Nintendo had made a Game Boy Advance successor), the situation with imports on both machines, the Vita's memory card fiasco, Nintendo's terrible digital functionality and pricing...
    Last edited by Asura; 18-02-2016, 09:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      What you're describing is pretty much the Vita's functionality. Nintendo need to get on that.
      It's pretty much how every company you can think of does digital software/media distribution at this point.

There really isn't any excuse for Nintendo not to be doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        It's pretty much how every company you can think of does digital software/media distribution at this point.

There really isn't any excuse for Nintendo not to be doing the same.
        Well hopefully this is their first step on the journey towards that, getting it all set-up before the NX...

Comment

Got a 3DS XL, UK version. Understood this to be region locked, but I just tried a bunch of old DS games from US and Japan to show my lad and they work and save perfectly. Is that right? Is it region-locked only for 3DS games and region-free for DS games?

Comment

That's right. DS games don't have a region code, so they will work on any DS, 3DS or 2DS.

3DS games are locked.

Comment

DSi games are region specific, too.

Comment

Many thanks for info Wakka and dataDave. I have been naive, thought 3DS was totally locked out.
                Last edited by Golgo; 19-02-2016, 19:44.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  DSi games are region specific, too.
                  Um, isn't this only true of the 4 or so actual DSi exclusives?

I sold my 3DS XL slightly before the New 3DS was released and only recently bought a New 3DS. Skipped on the XL because I kinda liked the vanity of the New 3DS and the size is cool too. It is kinda like the iPhone 6. Bigger, but not XL big.

Need to get a TPU cover before I use it though, paranoid.

Oh oh, and totally getting Pok?mon Yellow next week!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    Um, isn't this only true of the 4 or so actual DSi exclusives?
                    It only affects a small number of games; still, it is true.

Comment

There's a Pokemon Direct coming on Friday at 3pm (UK time) it's only gonna be 5 minutes long though.

http://www.twitch.tv/team/nintendo?u..._medium=social

Comment

SNES games such as Earthbound are coming to 3DS according to the new Direct

Comment

That's New 3DS, I believe.

Comment

Making SNES games from 3DS VC New 3DS/New 3DSXL-only is quite a sh1tty cash-grabbing ploy from Nintendo, in all honesty.

Comment

Totally, and their lack of crossbuy is just downright a kick in the balls in this day and age.

And if it's needs confirming, SNES games are New 3DS only.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                                Totally, and their lack of crossbuy is just downright a kick in the balls in this day and age.

And if it's needs confirming, SNES games are New 3DS only.
                                New 3DS XL will be getting SNES games as well. The 2DS and the OG 3DS/ OG 3DS XL miss out. A real sh1thouse decision from Nintendo there.

For me, the cross-buy argument is largely a moot point. How many years have people begged Nintendo to implement it only for Nintendo to ignore them time and again? They will never do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X