Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    I'm thankful for the Snes games being only for New 3DS reveal. If they'd have never brought the games to any 3DS I wouldn't have this timely reminder that Nintendo definitely aren't changing their ways and might have actually started to feel hopeful for NX at some point.
    Spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
      It's a total d1ck move.
      Can't argue with that 😏

Comment

Did anyone catch the prices of the SNES games?

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
          Did anyone catch the prices of the SNES games?
          Super Mario World is ?7.19 and Earthbound is ?8.99 - they got released yesterday.

If you buy one during launch week you'll get the other for half-price.

Laughable.

Comment

This looks nice but seeing as faceplates exist i'd rather keep my regular one.

Comment

Thanks bud.

Mario is ?5.49 on Wii U isn't it?

Comment

Yeah think all SNES games on the Wii U are ?5.49 from memory.

Comment

Wow, the price of SNES games is ridiculous. Nintendo really do like to rape peoples nostalgia purely because they know folks will pay.

As for the N3DS only thing, isn't this due to the tech specs as the emulators work a lot better on the new machine than they ever did on the old one?

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                    As for the N3DS only thing, isn't this due to the tech specs as the emulators work a lot better on the new machine than they ever did on the old one?
                    People are suggesting that the standard 3DS with custom firmware will run a perfect SNES emulator (well, "perfect" is a loaded word in this case but certainly a good enough one that most people would struggle to criticise).

I can believe that. The PSP had a slower processor than the 3DS, but that could run flawless Megadrive games and run SNES games too; the SNES games didn't run flawlessly but weren't far off.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      How much is the discount? And does it apply to the uk?
                      It was "50% off" but that only counted for the US, they can get it for $19.99 - Canada has to pay $27.99?? The exchange rate is not THAT bad.
                      Last time this happened, the EU got the discount a week later.

Comment

CFW SNES emulation is very average on the 3DS. On the new 3DS its aces.

Comment

$11.79/game for the SNES VC. No ta.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            It was "50% off" but that only counted for the US, they can get it for $19.99 - Canada has to pay $27.99?? The exchange rate is not THAT bad.
                            Last time this happened, the EU got the discount a week later.
                            Let's hope so. Nintendo do most of their offers weekly on the eShop, right? I think it runs Wednesday > Wednesday. Maybe they'll update it in the middle of next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              People are suggesting that the standard 3DS with custom firmware will run a perfect SNES emulator (well, "perfect" is a loaded word in this case but certainly a good enough one that most people would struggle to criticise).

I can believe that. The PSP had a slower processor than the 3DS, but that could run flawless Megadrive games and run SNES games too; the SNES games didn't run flawlessly but weren't far off.
                              As Jaz said:

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                              CFW SNES emulation is very average on the 3DS. On the new 3DS its aces.
                              And that is why I think they didn't release it on the original hardware as people expect a game they've paid a fiver for to play with no frameskip or slowdown which is all over the OG3DS as it doesn't have the grunt. Also PSP emulation of the SNES was far from perfect with a vast majority of the titles in my opinion as "perfect" for me means exactly as it was on the original hardware.

For once I think Nintendo aren't being general douches on this one and released it only on the more powerful handheld due the original edition lacking the grunt to be able to emulate a range of titles consistently and responsively.

Still want to pick up a N3DS at some point even though I've still got such a backlog on the DS to get through yet.

Comment

I really want one of the Fire Emblem New 3DS consoles.

Guarantee I'll be at work when pre-orders open and will miss my chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X